Birthday Cookies

Options

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    SeanD2407 wrote: »
    I'm picking up on the zeal of the 'newly converted', so I'm guessing that you're relatively new to this weight-loss thing. There are couple of handy factoids that might help you see why your venting was unnecessary.

- Humans are social animals; food is a big part of that
    - One cookie, burger, <insert evil food option here> is not going to derail your progress

Just be grateful that your co-workers chose to mark the occasion and move on with your life.

Went from 5"6 218lb to 153lb as of this morning. Been logging almost 600 days straight. I've had ups, downs, plateaus ect. Just saying if i ate the garbage brought into work every day.. no progress would be made

Congratulations!
    No one is telling you to eat everything that comes in to the office. Just to graciously accept a cookie on your birthday, it’s not going to make you gain back weight, it may just make office relations a little more pleasant.
    Good on you for resisting for almost 600 days. We all know that it isn’t easy.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Just a thought. Next time it is your turn to bring something for a friends birthday, etc. bring a fun toy or cheap book. Dollar store items. I have taken my guys small soduko (spelling.) books. 6/$1.00 at everything’s a dollar, those little games where you try to get the bb in the little hole, etc. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, but YOUR way!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I’m going to chime in in support of the OP. Amazed that so many suggest taking a cookie and then secretly chucking it. I don’t have that much deception in my nature and don’t want to have. Just glad I don’t work at an office.

The OP wasn’t rude and offered the cookies to others without making a huge point of it, then was hounded by rude people insisting he change his diet to suit them. That’s not appropriate nor is it well meaning. It’s not “just trying to be nice” to insist someone take something they don’t want.

How about this, instead of “oh don’t you like them? My poor widdle feelings are hurt” an actual well-meaning person would say, “Oh, I guess I wasn’t thinking about your diet, sorry about that.” And then the OP could say, “No reason you should have known, I appreciate the thought,” and everyone could go on with their lives.

I think it is very commendable that you are giving the OP the benefit of the doubt. I say that with no sarcasm. It is a good trait to have.

I don't really agree with you. If you ever see a person that is really uptight for a long period of time don't you ever just want to encourage them to relax and have a little fun? I think that is what his well-meaning co-workers were trying to accomplish.