Is your diet changing with summer?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot more fruits and garden veggies during the summer because they are fresher and more readily available. I also cook a lot more during summer because I’m off work and have more time to do so. Plus when we are out with kids’ activities during summer it’s easier to change up meal times to allow for cooking at home with being home and able to cook earlier or not having to worry so much about kids being up early for school the next day so not as big a deal if dinner is later.
    Unfortunately, I’ve never noticed the heat reducing my appetite like some people experience (and it’s HOT down here in the summer), but I’ve also never minded the heat anyway so maybe that’s a factor.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,761 Member
    Options
    I'm not using my Instant pot as much, I eat a lot of soups and chilis when it's not summer. Now I'm just using it for tea, yogurt, chicken breasts, and beans.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    For whatever reason, my wife and I seem to eat a lot more asian inspired dishes during the summer...I don't know why...something about sitting on the patio in the evening and watching the boys play in the pool makes it so tasty...like we're on some kind of exotic vacation or something.

Last night my wife made this really kick *kitten* Thai inspired sticky noodle and chicken dish in the instantpot...it was outstanding and perfect for an evening on the patio.

We also grill and eat a ton of fish in the summer...mostly cod and shrimp.

@cwolfman13 recipe please!

I don't have an instapot but it sounds good so I will make it work :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Dorchi22 wrote: »
    It's that time of the year when alI I want to do is eat fruit as my breakfast, lunch and dinner, with not much else. Even if I don't, it's hard to feel compelled to eat anything at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

When I was in Costa Rico with no AC, yes, it was fruit fruit fruit plus some rice and beans. I dropped a size without trying in 6 weeks.

Now I do have AC but still like to eat lighter, especially if we are eating dinner outside on the patio. We have lots of entree salads for dinner.

I have fruit, veggie, and protein powder smoothies for lunch.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I eat more fruit in summer for sure. I also drink a lot of smoothies and minty water.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    For whatever reason, my wife and I seem to eat a lot more asian inspired dishes during the summer...I don't know why...something about sitting on the patio in the evening and watching the boys play in the pool makes it so tasty...like we're on some kind of exotic vacation or something.

Last night my wife made this really kick *kitten* Thai inspired sticky noodle and chicken dish in the instantpot...it was outstanding and perfect for an evening on the patio.

@cwolfman13 recipe please!

I don't have an instapot but it sounds good so I will make it work :)

@kshama2001

https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-noodles

Chili-Garlic-Instant-Pot-Noodles.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »

well if you can get me the recipe for that sticky noodle chicken thing that would be great lol

@hesn92

https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-noodles