Do you ever feel like giving up?

Options

Replies

• stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No. I have days where I don't feel like doing anything. But I do it anyway because I love it. I've changed my lifestyle from being someone that didn't like exercising, to absolutely loving it. I feel empty if I don't hit the gym. I hate rest days.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Also If we "stop" and go bad to the bad habits that got us here, we will be right back where we started anyway. I know this has been said ad nauseum, however, this has to be a lifestyle change, not something we quit. I do look forward to losing what I have left to lose, so I can be in a nice maintenance mode, eating foods I like in moderate amounts. This should not be viewed as a quick fix. IMHO
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    No. That would be admitting defeat. And according to my husband, I am FAR too stubborn to do that.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    J9praoL.gif
  • GeriLynn36
    Options
    I know that it is hard but you can stay strong :)

I want to give up almost everyday. I just try to remember not to be too hard on myself...nobody is perfect and everyone wants to change something about themselves.

Stick with your friends and family that are supportive and you will do great! Find a workout buddy that needs a little extra boost I lost a bunch of weight that way.

Keep going and don't be so hard on yourself, if you slip up you have to forgive yourself and keep on moving towards your goals!

Stay Strong!
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes, I often times do feel like giving up. I even hear that voice in my head that says, "Oh, it's not THAT bad being fat. Maybe I can just stay fat." But then the more reasonable voice tells me that it's not an option to give up. I'm in such a better place now than I was last year. I'm more energetic, more aware of how I feel, and more confident. So even though I have been slipping up a lot lately, I won't give up. Keep going. We will get there eventually.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I often felt like giving up, nothing worked. It took time to find what worked for me. Don't give up, you will never find what works for you. There is your magic combination and you will find it as long as you keep working hard.

You can do this!
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    J9praoL.gif

Yay! It's Valcor the Luck Dragon!
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have given up... and I regreted it. Now here I am a year later, starting over. You will never be ok with your size until you lose the weight you want to lose. Which means that you will never feel good about yourself, never wear the clothes you want to wear... exc. Get more physical exercise. Set you calories to like 1500 and walk/work out everyday. It has to come off. You just have to stick to it.
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    no, the fat pisses me off.

I love this!!!!

Never, ever give up! You are so worth the effort.
  • daraxox
    daraxox Posts: 7
    Options
    dont give up!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Every day. I don't know what keeps me from going back to eating what I like in the amounts I like; self-loathing maybe? Idk.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I felt that way all the time... When can I stop doing this, but I realized I hadn't found the right eating/exercise plan. I have found a workout program I absolutely love and am eating much healthier. Plus using MFP to track everything has kept me on track. I feel great after my workouts and satisfied with what I am eating (before I forced myself to get to the gym and would be starving all day - it was horrible).

Bottom line find something you love to do - jazzercise, water aerobics, weight lifting, running, walking and stick with it - then make sure to track all your meals and find the calories that work for you to be satisfied throughout the day (not hungry). Then it won't feel like work, but a way of life - who want's to give up on life??? :wink:
  • blondejester
    Options
    try not paying attention to the scale. the more weight i lost, the slower it came off and even though that frustrated me, i was still able to see change in my body. you need to try to keep a positive attitude and keep working hard. it will pay off!
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went through the same problem. 1 pound a month pace, totally not what I had imagined when I started the journey. But I kept soldiering on, and I adjusted my "diet" and now things are going great! It's not magic, it's science. Find what works for you and your body, and the weight will come off. Remember why you started, and don't give up!
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Give up what? It's about making a lifestyle change, not just losing a few pounds.

True
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It doesn't even cross my mind to give up. Even if the scales stop moving, I know I'm eating healthier and that makes me feel good, I know the exercise I'm doing is getting me healthier and fitter and again I feel good. The weight coming off of course is an utter delight, but I know I'll get there in the end and so can you.
    Maybe take a look at what you're eating. As we can't see your food diary we can't help with that, are you eating enough?
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
  • Widadita
    Widadita Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    All the time. I've lost a piddly 10kgs (22lbs) in a whole year. :sad:

Better 10 kg a year than nothing. Look on the bright side!

10 kg a year equals 0.83 kg a month. Seems pretty good to me!!! Keep it up!