Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Wtf why did I gain 6 lbs in a week!?!

frezishafrezisha Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
Hey everyone!
So I've been maintaining my weight at 128-130...well woke up this morning to 136.4! Only difference I've done this week was: started hard core ab classes & spent the weekend in Vegas (no drinking, lots of walking, worked out there, got some sun)...what happened?! has anyone experienced this?
I am freaked out even though I know it cannot be actual weight gain..

Replies

• sujjusujju Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    if you are women on birth control pills for the first time... you will see weight gain..it will stabilize after 3-4months
    edited July 25
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 2,974Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,974Member, Premium Member
    Water. Water. Water.
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Posts: 11,863Member Member Posts: 11,863Member Member
  • nowine4menowine4me Posts: 3,929Member, Premium Member Posts: 3,929Member, Premium Member
    Were you on a plane? That’s an automatic 5 that will drop back off within the week
  • apullumapullum Posts: 3,861Member Member Posts: 3,861Member Member
    Doing more exercise than usual, including walking, can cause water retention.
    Flying can make you retain water.
    If you ate more food than usual, it could be extra waste in your system.
    If you ate more sodium than usual, you could retain water.
    Inflammation from the sunburn can even make you retain water.

In other words, it's temporary :)
  • cwolfman13cwolfman13 Posts: 36,550Member Member Posts: 36,550Member Member
    Airplane bloat
  • MikePTYMikePTY Posts: 2,604Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,604Member, Premium Member
    Plane and sunburn sounds like the most likely culprits. As long as you did not eat 21000 calories over maintenance when you were on vacation, you didn't gain 6 actual pounds. So don't stress about it and weigh yourself again in a few days.
  • frezishafrezisha Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    Thanks everyone!! I feel a lot better knowing this has to be temporary! I will let things get back to normal & weigh in a few days!
  • hotnumberhotnumber Posts: 222Member Member Posts: 222Member Member
    I gain about 10 pounds between ovulation and the days leading up to my period (tmi if any guys are reading this 😊). It usually goes away after Aunt Flo shows up. But I’ve heard you just keep hydrated during that time so that your body doesn’t continue to retain excess water.
    edited August 5
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Posts: 389Member Member Posts: 389Member Member
    definitely water...two days ago I was 3 lbs heavier in daily weigh in, this morning, everything is back to normal and I lost weight :)