Tubal ligation recovery

Options
13»

Replies

• vickiefitz81
    vickiefitz81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had mine clipped last year. I’ve always thought of myself as really brave and could deal with pain well. I’ve also had 5 kids. It took a full five days until I could stop taking painkillers and I had to sleep sitting up on the sofa because it hurt too much to lie down. It was such a shock to me after being told it was pretty painless. A year on though i’ve had no problems, cycle is regular and glad I had it done.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I had mine done last year took about a week for me to feel tip top Def more then a days recovery even wot h day surgery
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    @Emmapatterson1729 How do you make a man get a vasectomy? (Serious Question)

@PiscesIntuition

My husband had offered, but because I had a lot of other health issues, plus I had a lot of complications through pregnancy, labor, etc. I took the bullet. I was already having a series of surgeries.

@Cahgetsfit

I kind of thought the same, why screw him out of more kids if we didn't work out or if I died. But tubal ligation was one of the biggest regrets of my life! Thousands spent in hormonal replacement, being late 20s in menopause.

I just wish I'd researched it before I did it. But the internet was not what it is today!

Didn't realize this was an old post. So, I hope the OP's surgery went well, no complications or side effects!!
    Well that was very nice of him to offer!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i had a tubal a thousand years ago. just two small holes, and my doctor told me to hold off working out for several days. i went for a walk and bled - not dangerously! - so that my lower belly swelled. very little pain, btw, and other than that bleeding, which stopped soon, an easy recovery.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options
    i had a tubal a thousand years ago. just two small holes, and my doctor told me to hold off working out for several days. i went for a walk and bled - not dangerously! - so that my lower belly swelled. very little pain, btw, and other than that bleeding, which stopped soon, an easy recovery.
    What kind did you have? Now, they’re all fancy with clips, tied, blocked, etc.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

@PiscesIntuition

My husband had offered, but because I had a lot of other health issues, plus I had a lot of complications through pregnancy, labor, etc. I took the bullet. I was already having a series of surgeries.

@Cahgetsfit

I kind of thought the same, why screw him out of more kids if we didn't work out or if I died. But tubal ligation was one of the biggest regrets of my life! Thousands spent in hormonal replacement, being late 20s in menopause.

I just wish I'd researched it before I did it. But the internet was not what it is today!

Didn't realize this was an old post. So, I hope the OP's surgery went well, no complications or side effects!!

It was just a discussion, like any other marital decision.... Hours and days of weighing out pros and cons.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options

@PiscesIntuition

@Cahgetsfit

It was just a discussion, like any other marital decision.... Hours and days of weighing out pros and cons.

I understand completely!