Giving up

goob2150
goob2150 Posts: 4 Member
Why is it so easy to give up

Replies

• gottswald
    gottswald Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's just perception of effort, your brain is messing with you. If you factor in the costs of all the issues and motivations that drove you to what you're attempting, is it really easier? You are capable, just make sure you're being healthy.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

We've all experienced that emotional low. One day, you realize that you're worth the journey. I hope you choose to make yours.

Make baby steps. First fill out the food diary. Be sure to choose a way of eating that will be sustainable for you. Don't eliminate all of your favorite foods. It can be a pleasant journey. Good luck!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    It is easy because it is what you are used to, when you do this long enough this will what you are used, eating right and exercising. There will be days where you just don't feel like it which is normal but the secret is to keep doing it until it is habit.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    It's easy to give up.

Overcoming an unhealthy relationship with food is really hard work. So, so hard.

But, succeeding feels better than giving up ever can. Giving up feels good in the moment but lousy in the future. Pushing through will feel lousy in the moment but SO good in the future.

Invest in your future!

^^What I tell myself. Haha.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Not doing something is always easier than doing something.

Everything is hard until it's not.

Have you ever learned a new skill? You didn't know how to do it. You learned how to do it. You probably sucked at it for a while. Then it got a little easier, and you got better, and it got easier, and you got better. Now it's a no brainer.

On the other hand, it's only as easy/hard as we make it. A lot of people over complicate things. Keep it simple. Don't get fancy, just eat the food you like - just not as much as you'd like. Portion it out. It will still be there tomorrow. Want pizza? Eat pizza. You don't have to eat the whole pizza.

When i tell people i lost weight counting calories they look at me like i had to use a bomb calorimeter to burn the food and measure the rise in water temperature myself. I scanned some labels and used the MFP database. Easy peasy.

Giving up is easy. Sticking to it is so much more rewarding.....and it gets easier.
  • owa1s
    owa1s Posts: 273 Member
    Oh hell na! Ain’t no giving up in here, u got this, keep going you’ll get there 🔥💪🏻
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    "Every object in a state of uniform motion will remain in that state of motion unless an external force acts on it." -Newton's 1st law of motion. https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/Newton_s_Three_Laws_Motion.html

If you don't form a new habit, you will fall into old ones. We don't live in a vacuum so one force may not be enough to tip the scale, OR it may sustain until a new (opposing) force acts upon you to set you back into old habits.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Because doing the same thing you've always done is way easier than making changes.