Is your backfat really migrated breast tissue?

Options
The areas on your back that stand out, you may call them backfat but did you know it could actually just be your breast tissue that migrated from wearing umcomfy/not great fitting bras? Also its easy to move it back!

See here for photos http://cupsandmeasures.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/from-a-30a-to-a-28d-without-surgery/

The entire industry of bra fitting is really ****ed up, most people find out they are 3band sizes smaller and 3 cup sizes larger than they imagined and trying on is believing. E.g People who are a 38C actually turn out to be a 30F. 30F is really not that big you know! Ignore what the media tells you. You can be a 30F and still fit in size 12UK (8US) tops with ease maybe even smaller!

The easiest first test you can make is below:
1)if you measure your underbust that is your strap number, so if you can pull the tape to 32" but you wear a 38 bra somethings gone very wrong, if you can get more than 2fingers under the band of your bra its too loose to support. Support from the back not the straps.
2)do the wires touch your rib cage all the way around and go right under your boobs at the point they meet your chest
3) do your straps leave indents
Anyway this sounds like a ****ty sales pitch, I have nothing to gain but just want to pass it on because I got better bras and learn to put them on properly and lost all my back fat back into my boobs and it made them fuller and better :)

check out http://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits and read all the links in the side bar there is a lot to read there but if even one curious person has a read and finds a comfy bra that improves their shape I will be so happy.

Replies

• pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    before i finished reading your post i was excited to link to /r/abrathatfits, then saw you already did, haha. their quick start guide is great: http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/quick

i've been meaning to get myself in for a proper bra fitting for years but i never get around to it. i think it's especially important now that i've lost weight and my bra size has shifted. i'm actually not sure where to get something like that done either.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The areas on your back that stand out, you may call them backfat but did you know it could actually just be your breast tissue that migrated from wearing umcomfy/not great fitting bras? Also its easy to move it back!
    .edited out

Anyway this sounds like a ****ty sales pitch, I have nothing to gain but just want to pass it on because I got better bras and learn to put them on properly and lost all my back fat back into my boobs and it made them fuller and better :)

check out http://www.reddit.com/r/abrathatfits and read all the links in the side bar there is a lot to read there but if even one curious person has a read and finds a comfy bra that improves their shape I will be so happy.

What?????:noway:

Sorry but back fat is back fat, boobs are boobs and having an ill ftting bra does not "migrate" breast tissue to your back.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Backfat is migrated breast tissue?

images-1_zpsacf961e8.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    lol

an ill fitting bra strap can make fat bulge out above and below it, and it can squish your boobs into a bizarre shape,but it doesn't make actual fat cells migrate.

to get rid of back fat you have to eat less than you burn off, the same way you get rid of any other fat.
  • sweetpea1076
    sweetpea1076 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So glad you've just posted this, I've spent the whole morning online trying to find out what size I am and am left even more confused than I was before! Have come to the conclusion that I will have to go to Marks and Spencers or Debenhams and be measured and then try some on! At the moment the bras I am wearing have actually left big indentations on my shoulders which I'm sure isn't right!
  • jmayerovitch
    jmayerovitch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this sounds like a myth. If wearing certain kinds of clothing could make your tissue "migrate" then there would be a whole industry devoted to it instead of a whole industry devoted to shapewear. This sounds like something to make people feel better about their back fat ... which is just that, fat. Yes, wearing an improperly fitting bra will certainly make fat stick out more, just like wearing jeans that are too small will give you a muffin top. Notice that the pictures show just that. A woman wearing the right bra is able to make her boobs stick out more and her fat stick out less. I can also make my fat stick out less by wearing spanx. Doesn't make me any skinnier in the long run.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My breast tissue migrated to my back causing those ugly back boob rolls.

Then I lost 70 pounds and my boobs migrated back to their appropriate place on my chest.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of crap on the forums..but this tops it all!! lol at least it is funny crap.

back fat is.. "fat" lose the fat and you'll lose the fat off your back and belly and legs..and butt...and so on and so forth.
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've just read the associated article and I'm afraid this is just silly. The girl in the video has relatively no fat whatsoever, back or otherwise. The "bend and scoop" method simply takes the top layer of tissue under her arm and forces it forward into her bra, and then her assistant tightens the bra so the tissue will stay put, forcing a little bit of cleavage. That's manually "migrating" tissue into the bra, not the other way around.

I would agree that many women do not wear properly fitting bras, but breast tissue migrating into back fat because of it? I'm not buying it. :) Back fat is back fat. You may be able to temporarily smooth it out, but SPANX will do the same thing. :wink:
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    .edited out

What?????:noway:

Sorry but back fat is back fat, boobs are boobs and having an ill ftting bra does not "migrate" breast tissue to your back.

Indeed...
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Must really add some exercise calories for laughing so hard... This is superb.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

images-1_zpsacf961e8.jpg

i am not actually flat chested... my breast tissue has just all migrated to my *kitten*!!!!!!!!!
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    ok- so then is a muffin top migrating tissue from sitting on my *kitten*?
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing I can "agree" with in this post is that a lot of women are wearing the wrong size bra.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Can I claim to really be a GG cup, but my bras have just forced them down to my belly? :huh:
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ok- so then is a muffin top migrating tissue from sitting on my *kitten*?

+1
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

images-1_zpsacf961e8.jpg

i am not actually flat chested... my breast tissue has just all migrated to my *kitten*!!!!!!!!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    You might be onto something there.... :bigsmile:
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    LOL is it a full moon tonight
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I guess it's a good thing I never went to some fancy bra store and got fitted, that I've always measure at home. That would mean my back fat was actually back fat...and the first place I lost fat when I began to lose weight, actually.

But like others, I'm thinking that the leap of logic that says an ill fitting bra causes tissue to move 180 degrees around the body is...hopeful at best. That, or I must see if there's a garment I can use to suck some thigh fat into my boobs.