Is your backfat really migrated breast tissue?

Options

Replies

• K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    So when football players slap each other on the *kitten*, they are actually feeling each others balls? Good to know!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Last time I had a mammogram I had to lie down for it. True story.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Can't stop hitting refresh to see what hilarity will ensue next.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this sounds like a myth. If wearing certain kinds of clothing could make your tissue "migrate" then there would be a whole industry devoted to it instead of a whole industry devoted to shapewear. This sounds like something to make people feel better about their back fat ... which is just that, fat. Yes, wearing an improperly fitting bra will certainly make fat stick out more, just like wearing jeans that are too small will give you a muffin top. Notice that the pictures show just that. A woman wearing the right bra is able to make her boobs stick out more and her fat stick out less. I can also make my fat stick out less by wearing spanx. Doesn't make me any skinnier in the long run.

There is. It's called Corsetting..waist training with steel boned corsets.
    Google it :drinker:
  • Rachelphobia
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'm fairly certain my rolls are from gaining 80 pounds...and they would not make bras big enough to contain my chest if this "migration" was true, as there is already a 7-8 inch difference from my chest to my band.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says that clothes CANNOT migrate tissue, or there would be an industry devoted to it... are you stupid? Have you ever heard of a corset?

That's bone tissue that's being manipulated--it's like the practice of binding feet. It's not "pushing" tissue somewhere else; it's compressing it.
  • hookilau
    Options
    I've just read the associated article and I'm afraid this is just silly. The girl in the video has relatively no fat whatsoever, back or otherwise. The "bend and scoop" method simply takes the top layer of tissue under her arm and forces it forward into her bra, and then her assistant tightens the bra so the tissue will stay put, forcing a little bit of cleavage. That's manually "migrating" tissue into the bra, not the other way around.

I would agree that many women do not wear properly fitting bras, but breast tissue migrating into back fat because of it? I'm not buying it. :) Back fat is back fat. You may be able to temporarily smooth it out, but SPANX will do the same thing. :wink:

I agree that the choice of words is 'off''. I've had backfat, but it wasn't from migrating breast tissue. The old swoop & scoop helps to be well fitted into the cups (for me) but the visual in my head of 'migrating breast tissue' is not what I think of when I think of backfat. :ohwell:
  • jmayerovitch
    jmayerovitch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this sounds like a myth. If wearing certain kinds of clothing could make your tissue "migrate" then there would be a whole industry devoted to it instead of a whole industry devoted to shapewear. This sounds like something to make people feel better about their back fat ... which is just that, fat. Yes, wearing an improperly fitting bra will certainly make fat stick out more, just like wearing jeans that are too small will give you a muffin top. Notice that the pictures show just that. A woman wearing the right bra is able to make her boobs stick out more and her fat stick out less. I can also make my fat stick out less by wearing spanx. Doesn't make me any skinnier in the long run.

There is. It's called Corsetting..waist training with steel boned corsets.
    Google it :drinker:

Corsetting is just when you wear a corsett. Tightlacing is when you wear it for mody modification. But, yes. You can gain a smaller waist after years of tightlacing. However, as another poster mentioned, that doesn't involve fat "migrating" from one part of the body to another. Corsetting doesn't take your fat and move it to your butt, for example (and wouldn't that be an industry). It simply uses compression to squeeze the smallest part of the waist even smaller.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    SWEET!!! So how long will I have to wear a girdle to push my belly fat to my back so I have abs???

No more cutting, just tissue manipulation for body recomping!!! :drinker:
  • jenn8785
    jenn8785 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anyone who says that clothes CANNOT migrate tissue, or there would be an industry devoted to it... are you stupid? Have you ever heard of a corset?
    Are you actually aware of what corsets are and how they work? They work by compression. Any effects are short term and your body goes back to normal when the corset comes off. FYI, fat cells are permanently affixed unless the tissue is cut or torn.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/smallest-waist-living-person/
    21in waist UNCORSETED!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsUpwrkO1bqyUaXoDpFsC4PdVx-J0kqM-hN3TElW61s0ayYgLi

http://www.corsettraining.net/tag/tight-lacing
    Or with years of use (kinda like wearing a bra everyday for 80% of your life), you can mold BONES! Yes, with corseting, the body does return to it's normal shape after a year, but I don't think most women are going to go a year without a bra. While I don't think it's common or "normal" as OP was making it out to be, I do believe it happens, like PP with the breast reduction above.
  • hookilau
    Options

That's bone tissue that's being manipulated--it's like the practice of binding feet. It's not "pushing" tissue somewhere else; it's compressing it.

No my dear, it's not like foot binding. There isn't any breaking of bones, there isn't any deformation going on (usually) unless you're Cathy Jung. I did the research myself so I'm familiar with the concept & practice of modern corsetting. :drinker:

I'm not asking you to take my word for it though, do some research first before you equate it to foot binding...that is unless you've already decided it is. Shrug.
  • Minks_esposa
    Options
    I hated when the 38C bra turned into a 38F because that means that my 38DDD breast suddenly turned into 36K! I don't get why people who are normally B cups are suddenly D cups lol. *rant over* I have to shop for bras online :(

Oh and I'm pretty sure my back fat is from weight gain and now that I'm losing weight it's shrinking, unlike my breast.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    what a crap lol
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    somebody pinch me
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    somebody pinch me

Can I pinch your back fat?
  • BathtubBadger
    BathtubBadger Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I hope my silicone won't migrate to my back as well. That would look wicked.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    somebody pinch me

my bewbs haven't migrated back there yet
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    somebody pinch me

my bewbs haven't migrated back there yet

Disappointing.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    It better not be. I'm already a ******* HH cup.
  • jmayerovitch
    jmayerovitch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    For those of you saying it's just like using a corset, try thinking of it this way:

Imagine a piece of foam (like for furniture or pillows, not packing foam). You can tie a rope around the middle of the foam and change its shape. When you untie it, it will probably stay like that for a while (or permanently).

Now imagine drawing a circle on the foam. Without cutting the foam, you need to get that circle from one side of the foam to the other. Without modifying the rest of the foam (i.e. you can't twist the foam so that the back is now the front).

That is the difference.