What stops you from cheating?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Self loathing, pretty much ;) I think about how if I eat it, I'll feel fat. It won't change how I look, in itself, but it will completely change how I think I look. Instantly

Yep :embarassed: More than a day of over-eating and my brain seems to think I'm back to the way I used to look
    As well as my extreme vanity, I know that I am now making positive decisions for my mind and body. I eat nutritious, healthy meals most of the time, and work out 4-5 days a week. That's doing good for my body. I eat less healthy food and allow myself more empty calories in moderation, and that is doing good for my mind. I know that if that was reversed, my body and mind would suffer
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal and the fact that I am 32 pounds away from goal weight still. I also get sick if I cheat and eat overly processed white flour based foods. It isn't worth the stomach upset that it causes.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    What stops me now is the fact that I never want to go back to the way I was.

17 months ago, it was the realization that I procrastinated for years saying "I will start over tomorrow", and finally knowing that the tomorrows are getting limited at age 60 (at the time).
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Exercise keeps me from doing it. I have been killing it in the gym and I don't want to lose those results. Plus just seeing the actual calorie count keeps me back.
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's like.. I cheated on my salad for lunch and had a double cheeseburger.. will they ever forgive me?
    I mean if your gonna eat that you either OK with eating the cheeseburger in the first place.. or your eating it to fill some kinda void.. or you don't give a *kitten* and then there's more to the story then that.. and why are you even worried about tracking.

it's a lifestyle change/ balancing your diet/ and knowing what your eating and making that decision and feeling either not guilty/guilty is what it comes down to.

and no i don't believe in cheating in any way shape or form food/relationship etc.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Enough green tea every day to float the Titanic.

Plus various strategies over the years that worked until they didn't work anymore, like going low carb, or eating less times in a day, or eating more times in a day, or very strict diets, or very lax diets with calorie counting (currently in this phase). Also old pictures of me fat, old pictures of me thin, pictures of other people fat or thin, documentaries on obesity, anorexia, and everything in between, taking selfies and enjoying the sight of my ever so elusive cheekbones (the last thing to appear when I'm losing weight and the first thing to vanish when I gain weight).

So yeah, pretty much a mixture of obsession, narcissism, and sheer stubbornness on the subject.

I'd rather be doing something else with my time and energy, but every time I drop my focus I wake up a great big heifer the very next day, or that is how it seems, anyway! One day maybe I'll find the balance.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I try to think of junk food as what it is ... junk. I try to consider the consequences of my actions before I act. Will I regret the decision to eat/drink this later? I don't do moderation very well at all, so my best bet is to stay away completely.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Depends...if I want it...nothing. I will make it fit into my calories for the day.
    Sometimes once I see the amount of calories...I realize that it doesn't look good enough for that many calories.
    And sometimes my skinny jeans stop me from cheating! I can cheat and not log...but my skinny jeans do not lie!!:laugh: