Help me with my salt addiction!

2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    gottswald wrote: »
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I served some sandwiches made out of Boar's Head NO salt added turkey, which of course had everyone making skeptical faces, but then they were shocked to eat turkey sandwiches that actually tasted like turkey.

I use their no salt turkey and really like it. They made a mistake once and have me "lower sodium" instead and I could barely stomach it. I avoid soups, drastically reduced sausage, etc because they put way too much salt in the food and now that stuff just tastes like salt.

Boar's Head Reduced Sodium Deluxe Roast Beef is also really tasty
  • John772016
    John772016 Posts: 133 Member
    +1 for the person who said add lemon. Any sort of acidity can help brighten up the flavors of a dish without adding quite as much salt. Lime juice, lemon, there's also lots of interesting vinegars out there like sherry vinegar, malt vinegar (good on fries), and my new favorite Chinese black vinegar (great to sub for part of your soy sauce).

^^This.
    I've really expanded my vinegar selection after being told to reduce sodium due to BP levels. Surprised me how much something acidic can reduce the need for salt.