Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

50 pounds in 6 months.. is it possible?

glipogloopy
glipogloopy Posts: 4 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I am getting married in the second week of February and was trying to get down to 150 pounds by then.. I am currently 5'6, 197 pounds. I am freaking out because I crave food all day, and despite working with a personal trainer 4 days a week, I am finding it hard to clean up my nutrition. I even tried Lomaira (a lower strength Phentermine, appetite suppressant), but I am scared of the long-term side effects. Any advice, anybody? I am new to this site.

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,023 Member
    I lost 60 in 4 months but I am 6'1" and was pretty obese @ 280 starting weight and very aggressive with calorie deficit and exercise (I didn't eat back my exercise calories either) I am by no means saying you should do what I did, just telling you it is possible for very obese people like I was to lose a lot of weight in short period of time. Be more realistic like others are saying and shoot for 25-35 lbs . You have to stay on it though and be meticulous with calorie counting. Good luck.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    It’s taken me almost 6 months to lose 17 pounds. They’re mostly vanity pounds, though, I was a normal BMI when I started.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited August 2019
    Remember that you are the event and not the wedding. When we diet for a big event, stressing out over the numbers for the big reveal, all of that can go right out the window when the event is over. Sit down face-to-face with a medical professional who can help you get your meal plans and food in order. One step at a time down to the altar. You'll have a much better chance of getting there and staying there long, long after the wedding is over....way down the road into your future. Long term weight stability is where the rubber meets the road.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Possible yes. Probable, not likely.

Back in the day when weight loss blogging was popular I kept track of a large number of people, approximately 15% made it to goal weight.
  • Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    "I am freaking out because I crave food all day" if you're craving foods all day right now, it's probably not going to get better until you address where these cravings are coming from. Is it because you're bored? Is eating an emotional reaction? Is snacking all day a habit that you need to break? Are you getting enough protein/ fats/ carbs/ fiber/ water? I found that I was having a hard time sticking to my calorie goals when I was getting most of my calories from carbs and I wasn't getting enough fiber, fat and protein to keep me feeling full. I have also found that focusing on drinking enough water has made a huge difference for me. It may or may not be possible for you to lose 50lbs in 6 months, but to achieve any goal you set you will need to come up with a nutrition plan that doesn't leave you hungry all the time.