Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Scale not budging? Help/advice needed.

2»

Replies

• naz007xxnaz007xx Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
    @LKArgh hey thanks for the reply. I have taken all the kind advice received. I will reduce my calories by 250/300 further for a couple weeks and see the outcome. Thanks for your kind reply.
    @steveko89 hey pal cheers for the reply. I already know that the estimated burning is exaggerated. For example if my Fitbit watch states I’ve burned 500 calories from weights I take that as 250 give or take. I never eat back that calories I’ve burnt and I log and measure everything so pretty pissed with no results. Anyway i will further reduce my calories to test this nasty stubborn fat. Thanks for your input appreciate it!
    @CharlieCharlie007 Hey Charlie, appreciate the reply. As mentioned in my original post I also used a tape measure as well as the scale with no results sadly. Hopefully this changes soon will further knock back the calories. Thanks for your kind reply. L
    @SnifterPug hey thanks for the reply. I know that my Fitbit overestimates what I burn so I always half it anyway. For example after weights if my watch tells me I have burnt 500 calories I take that as 250 burnt to be on the safe side. A 2 hour work out in the gym let’s say I burnt a minimum of 400 calories even though I know I am burning more I should still be losing weight and I am not. I also have measured myself using a tape measure and nothing lost. I measure and log everything I eat so I’m not sure what’s up. I cannot have hit a plateau as I’ve been working out a month now. Anyway I’m knocking back my calories further as that is the only thing I can think of to try and see if it helps. Thanks for your input!
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 19,065Member Member Posts: 19,065Member Member
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Posts: 19,065Member Member Posts: 19,065Member Member
    You are consuming too many carbs. If you really want to burn the fat you need to switch to a high fat, low carb diet. With your workout you could lose a lb a day! Ditch the chicken breast and start eating bacon, steak, pork, etc. Try to limit yourself to 20-30g of carbs a day. I am generally in the same boat as you as far as weight, height and age - I'm doing limited exercise (30 min bike ride a day to work and back) and have lost 15lbs in 6 weeks - without a lot of exercise on a low carb diet.

Nonsense. When I was in Costa Rica, I dropped over a size without even trying. I ate mangoes all day long, plus lots of other tropical fruit, and lots of rice and beans, so tons of carbs.

However, overall I had a calorie deficit, and that is why I lost weight.

I also know plenty of healthy and fit vegans who eat high carb.

h27zjawgvyoy.jpg