Just to confirm WATER INTAKE SO IMPORTANT- DRINK UP BUTTER C

Options
13»

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Somewhat off topic, :flowerforyou:

I just heard about a study where two groups drank the same amount of Liquid. One group drank water and the other drank Tea.... The group which drank Tea was more "hydrated" than the group which drank water. :huh:

Carry On :laugh: :flowerforyou:

OMG i truly hope this is true. I am a tea JUNKY!!! I don't use any sweetner in mine, i jsut like it plain naked. But I drink green tea because it has so many antioxidants. Well, actually i drink any tea i can get my hands on. Jasmine tea is pretty good too! If i drink hot tea i will add honey in it and its BOMB
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates all the time. You are drawing causal conclusions from things that are most likely coincidental. Except the immediate time following a hard workout (I lose 3-5lbs during a typical workout). I have never paid the slightest attention to my water intake. I drink and eat normal amounts of liquid and foods, but don't ever "measure" my water intake. It has never affected my weight loss or my workouts one way or the other. Just another perspective.

Every medical professional I have ever spoke to says you need at least 8 glasses of water a day- for woman sometimes more, and if you are working out even more- my whole life i have had issues with drinking enough water - being hospitalized due to dehydration- also there has been several studies that show water intakes helps your body function better, when working out and processing food and nutrients. It is also a medical fact that if you have to much sodium in your body it retains water weight, and drinking water helps filter that out and release that weight. So i'm certain that it isn't coincidental. but thanks for your input:happy:

Since it's stupid hot outside I've been paying more attention to my fluid intake. However, I'm a long way from measuring. Your body does a good job of telling you if you have enough. Just look at the color fo your pee. If it's clear you're good.

Water is important, but I think it's effect on weight loss is negligible.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    "drink water-lose weight is a dangerous thing taken to extremes...
    Well, anything taken to an extreme isn't good. :wink:

I agree with iplayoutside Pee color definitely tells alot about your sugars and fluid intake:drinker:
  • PhilDamron
    Options
    A lot of posts out there on not getting enough water throuout the day, I want to share something I have found that helps me drink more water. I have found that adding just a little flavoring to the water helps me greatly. I keep some Mio (a new product made by Kraft that is a liguid that comes in many flavors) in my desk at work and add just a half of a squirt for flavor to my 20 oz water bottle. I find that the recommended amount of two squirts per 8 oz is too strong for me so I choose to use alot less (and it lasts much longer as well). I have found that I can get 3-4 of my water bottles down per day (60-80 oz and 8 glasses = 64 oz). The individual tubes of powder mixes such as Chrysal Light work as well, I just prefer the Mio because it is liquid, mixes fast and tastes great.
    SO DRINK UP - BUTTER CUP! :drinker: