What Do You Usually Order At The Coffee Shoppe ?

Options

Replies

• mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    During the summer I either get a non fat, no whipped iced mocha or a non fat iced caramel macchiato and during the winter I get a non fat peppermint mocha or a skinny mocha...all from Starbucks. It is the only thing that keeps me sane while I care for my 4 young children and it fits into my calories :drinker: !
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Large Americano or Dark Roast with two Sugar in the Raw Packets. ~50 calories.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Vente Soy Chai Latte, because the Green Mancha Tea soy chai latte is WAY more calories...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Also, are there anything healthy ?

Like ordering soy milk in your drink instead of the 2% or whole milk they usually use.

If I order soy, I miss out on a chunk of the protein I would get from skim milk.

I usually order a latte with skim milk. 2 pumps of syrup (whatever flavor I'm in the mood for). It fits my calories and macro goals for the day.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    ice tea with couple splenda's

or black drip coffee with shot of sugar free flavoring and splenda. and every once and awhile I'll order a skinney tall mocha :)
  • excitedaboutfitness
    excitedaboutfitness Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually get the iced passion or green tea. The Vivannos are also really good post-workout in my opinion :-)

Also, when I crave something fancy like a caramel macchiato, I usually order it in a Short size (8oz) with nonfat or soy milk.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I order nothing since it is too hot for coffee.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I order soy, I miss out on a chunk of the protein I would get from skim milk.

soy milk has about the same protein as regular milk.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Tall double soy latte, about 130 calories of caffeinated deliciousness.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    At Dunkin Donuts, I get a black coffee, hot or iced depending on my mood.

At Starbucks, I order a grande nonfat latte generally. But it's getting close to Fall so I'll start ordering pumpkin spike lattes and eggnog lattes (can't remember what they're actually called) and peppermint mochas over the next few months. I get them all with skim milk, but they're more calories than the standard latte. It's worth it, though, as long as I don't have one every day!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My magic calorie number for snacks is 100 calories so keep that in mind my information is selective:

Most tall "skinny" latte's from starbucks are 100 calories or so.

Most short nonfat latte's are around 100 calories or so as well:heart::drinker: .*

The little biscotti snacks can be as low as around 150 cals they are pre-wrapped and right next to the register.

The lowest cal little box or pre wrapped food that is the most satisfying is the protien bistro box with chicken and hummus.

The lowest cal of the bottled juices that is also tasty is the lemony one with I think celery.

The "refreshers" that come in berry and citrus flavors can be as low as 70 calories.

Unsweetened teas can be calorie free and the tastiest ones are calm or earl grey hot or iced taste good sweetener free.

Espresso's are tiny but powerful and yum. Calorie free-ish and drink plain.

I :heart: coffee, cafe's, coffee shops and starbucks.

(*These have regular sugars as sweeteners and so I opt for those often as I have to watch my artificial sweetener intake due to headaches.)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options

soy milk has about the same protein as regular milk.

not according to the nutrition information at starbucks
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Large black iced coffee...even in the winter time.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I used to order a cafe latte in winter and iced cafe latte in summer but I have been cutting down on the milk and now order the iced coffee unsweetened w/ 2% milk venti size is only 60 calories. I'm working up to eventually being able to drink my coffee black but it may not ever happen.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    Options
    I order nothing since it is too hot for coffee.

blasphemy. It's never too hot for coffee
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Medium dark roast, with a shot of creamer.

I tried having one of the frou-frou syrupy whipped-cream concoctions a few months ago, after having given them up due to calorie count, and they tasted WAY too sweet and gave me a headache. \o/ To think I used to drink two larges some days...
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Here's a Starbucks secret, they have a size smaller than a tall. I get a SHORT soy latte! Shorts are only 8 ounces. 90 calories! I get soy only because I think it tastes better steamed not for any health reasons.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Here's a Starbucks secret, they have a size smaller than a tall. I get a SHORT soy latte! Shorts are only 8 ounces. 90 calories! I get soy only because I think it tastes better steamed not for any health reasons.

Oh was that supposed to be a secret? I'm sorry, I blurted it out about 5 posts ahead of you, my bad.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am a Starbucks fan. I love toffee nut soy lattes, but since I have been counting everything I tend to go for a lighter drink. Right now with the warmer weather I go for a grande iced skinny latte with 2 pumps sugar free caramel and 2 pumps sugar free vanilla. It definitly hits the spot and is much lower in calories and sugar!