Self Sabotage

2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    GU0679T wrote: »
    I found inspiration reading this. I maintain my weight but would like to lose. I'm going to try pre logging food. Seemed to be fun when I did it previously. Would find I need extra calories at end of day. I would eat it hour before bed. Probably not good

It's totally fine. Weight loss is about the total number of calories you eat, not what time you eat them. I eat right before bed every single night. Hasn't slowed me down in the least.
  • TheChristianSimone
    TheChristianSimone Posts: 156 Member
    Hmm everyone has said nice things but honestly the real core thing is figuring out why you allow yourself to binge eat and go backwards. Once that is removed then you can go forward.
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member
    The all-or-nothing mentality is something I've fought for years. I used to think that if I had a "bad" food day, that I should just throw in the towel for the rest of the week and "start over" next week. Now, I have learned to just log it and get back on track the very next meal. See the big picture like some others have said. The math will show you that in the grand scheme, you're probably still in a deficit or at maintenance. And even if not, oh well! Oh, and DO NOT weigh yourself for at least a week after a binge or heavy calorie day. Water retention is a thing and it's a spirit-killer. It's so hard, but I have a feeling you're going to beat this.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    The all-or-nothing mentality is something I've fought for years. I used to think that if I had a "bad" food day, that I should just throw in the towel for the rest of the week and "start over" next week. Now, I have learned to just log it and get back on track the very next meal. See the big picture like some others have said. The math will show you that in the grand scheme, you're probably still in a deficit or at maintenance. And even if not, oh well! Oh, and DO NOT weigh yourself for at least a week after a binge or heavy calorie day. Water retention is a thing and it's a spirit-killer. It's so hard, but I have a feeling you're going to beat this.

Maybe that's right for you but weighing daily is actually what stopped it from being a spirit-killer for me (and many others here), once I started to see how normal water retention it helped me not to freak out over the fluctuations, I started to realise that logically I had not eaten 14000 calories above maintenance that would be necessary for to have gained 4lbs in fat and instead learned to trust the process.
  • HeatherLeAnn622
    HeatherLeAnn622 Posts: 45 Member

Maybe that's right for you but weighing daily is actually what stopped it from being a spirit-killer for me (and many others here), once I started to see how normal water retention it helped me not to freak out over the fluctuations, I started to realise that logically I had not eaten 14000 calories above maintenance that would be necessary for to have gained 4lbs in fat and instead learned to trust the process.

That's great that it helps you and many others. I guess I was just speaking to the fact that the OP said she could literally "feel a layer of fat developing " after one night of extra caloric intake. That, to me, speaks to a mentality that they truly believe they can gain fat from a one-time binge, which isn't the case. Obviously, I'm no expert or doctor, so yes, to each their own. Thanks for your insight.