Alarm Poll

Options
pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Do you get right up in the morning with your first alarm? Do you use the alarm on your cell phone or an alarm clock? Do you only set one alarm and then hit snooze....how many times? Do you set multiple alarms so you don't have to hit snooze? What do you do?

Replies

• pizzamyheart
    Options
    I use my phone and set multiple alarms. I also hit snooze. So my mornings are very confusing.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Cell alarm titled "GET UP YOU LAZY *kitten*" during the week and "Boo, Saturday" for when I have to work on the weekend.

Both set for 1/2 hour before I need to get up, and I snooze it 4 times (for 40 minutes)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Phone, one alarm, turn off right away. Sometimes I get up within a minute of alarm, but usually 15-30 minutes later.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I use my alarm clock and never hit snooze. 5 am M,W,F to lift, and 5:20 am T, Th for active rest day circuits.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Cell alarm titled "GET UP YOU LAZY *kitten*" during the week and "Boo, Saturday" for when I have to work on the weekend.

Both set for 1/2 hour before I need to get up, and I snooze it 4 times (for 40 minutes)

ha so you plan ahead of time how many times you are allowed to press snooze? I do that.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    i dont use alarm

do you just wake up on time?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i still use an alarm clock. set mine for 6 during weekdays. comes on to the oldies station and i snooze it twice and get up around 620 usually. i don't set one for the weekend unless i have to go somewhere but I'm usually up before 7 anyhow on those days.
  • huddleup
    huddleup Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Old Fashion Alarm Clock. Set for 4:30, hit the snooze 3 times for 30 mins, alarm goes off at 5:00, hit it another 3 times, get up at 5:30. I have to pray myself out of bed. Definitely not a morning person.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My alarm is set for 5:00 a.m. M-F, however it is normal for me to already be awake when the alarm goes off. In fact, I love it when I actually NEED the alarm! I never hit snooze and I get right up or I wouldn't have enough time to get a good workout in before work. Weekends I don't set an alarm but I usually wake up before 5 anyway, then try to go back to sleep until at least 7.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i don't set one for the weekend unless i have to go somewhere but I'm usually up before 7 anyhow on those days.

Same here, it's like my body just doesn't want to sleep in anymore. I've tried just laying there to fall back asleep, but just can't so after half hour or so I just get up.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I wake up between 3:30 and 4:30 every morning. I haven't used an alarm in years. I miss needing an alarm!
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    For the most part I wake up at 4:30-5:30am every morning but I have the odd mornings like today in which I couldn’t get out of bed till 9:00am.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    with school starting I set my alarm for five and five fifteen m-f. I hit snooze with the five alarm. So I have to turn it off at 5:09 and then again at 5:15. Sometimes if I'm really tired I will keep hitting snooze until 5:30, or I will sleepily grab my phone and set an alarm for 5:30, usually while swearing. I do set an alarm for 8 on the weekends, (because I have chronic insomnia and can't allow myself to sleep in late) but usually wake up around 7. It still feels like sleeping in. This summer I have gotten into the habit of staying up late and waking up around 8.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I have hired a Mariachi Band to enter my bedroom and wake me up every morning at 9 o'clock sharp.

giphy.gif

I tried this, but the only thing available at the 5am slot was the scary clowns. I really didn't want to have to do any more laundry, so I opted out.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    This thread reminds me I need to change my alarm ringtone...current one sounds like funeral music.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    most mornings start like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=3434565

I think you have a poltergeist
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    most mornings start like this:

tenor.gif?itemid=3434565

I think you have a poltergeist

nah.... just shorts that are a half size too tight.