Starting today

Options
Hello, my name is Samantha. I am starting today to get to my goal weight once and for all. I need to lose 45 pounds and my first milestone is to reach 20 by my 35th birthday on December 10th. Here we go!

Replies

• LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Samantha. I am starting today to get to my goal weight once and for all. I need to lose 45 pounds and my first milestone is to reach 20 by my 35th birthday on December 10th. Here we go!

Welcome! If you're new to this weight loss thing, have a look at the pinned messages in Getting Started. Very helpful stuff!

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

Welcome.

I'm very much against the concept of time limits when it comes to weight management.

Please consider the following questions:
    What happens if you only reach 10lbs or 15lbs by December other than you'll be 10-15lbs lighter?
    What happens if you don't reach 20lbs until January or February other than you'll be 20lbs lighter?

Weight management is an unpredictable process and you'll experience ups and downs. Weight loss will speed up and slow down and seemingly stop for no reason what so ever. Adding a timeline places unneeded time-crunch pressure to what can already sometimes be a challenging process.

G'luck
  • suchalady1284
    suchalady1284 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your insight. I like to have goals it’s what motivates me. I have lost 100 pds in the past and after a surgery last year gained 35 back so I am well versed in weight loss. I kept my weight off for 8 years before my surgery.

• tallglassofjessica
    tallglassofjessica Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! Good luck on your journey. 💪🏻🖤
  • Ravenwar
    Ravenwar Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You got this! I started today... had a great workout this morning and stayed under my calorie limit.