What Would Be Your Halloween Party?

Replies

• Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2019
    I used to be very into origami. One year I folded this sick origami jack-o'-lantern:

76baadcmtr62.jpg

I even took one to my office but my boring coworkers were too plain to appreciate my lantern in all its awesome glory. I don't remember if it's hiding in an office closet or if I took it home with me. If I find it in the office I'll take it home and put it on display from October the first.

I'm not much into parties but I love watching Halloween-themed movies at the movie theater and soak up the atmosphere. Nothing too gore. One year I watched Ghostbusters and it was the BEST. HALLOWEEN. EVER. Nothing like a classic. I love that in my country Nov 1st is a national holiday so people can go wild on Halloween night because we don't work the following day. We don't do trick-or-treating but American-style Halloween celebrations are definitely catching on.

That glow-in-the-dark stuff reminds me of a girl who used to do yoga with me. She became an actress and performed in a cabaret-style raunchy show where she did a striptease with glow-in-the-dark paint, lol.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. IF I were to go to a Halloween costume party, my dream is to go as Buttercup from The Princess Bride, because duh! Best movie ever! But not with the actual princess costume. I'd wear the red riding dress she's wearing when she's kidnapped rescued by Pirate Roberts, flower crown, ball earrings and all

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    Surprise group therapy. Forcing people to face the demon inside is scariest of all.

That's not a guaranteed surprise for some of us, but I like where you're headed with this one! :D
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    If the music is good and everyone is in costume and character, we are good!
  • Teenybudda
    Teenybudda Posts: 206 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    I think a cabin in the woods would be the perfect setting for a Halloween party.

That's true. But it's still possible to make your house look good:

a1etp152t3le.jpg

Id have that all year round.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Shots shots shots

Use the mad scientist theme to add a little glow in the dark shot magic. Using a beaker as your serving pitcher is a fun detail.

2a7azoaudf08.jpg

Oooh we did this years ago. It was awesome. We had black light and dry ice. I was a lab rat and my husband was a mad scientist

r5yasj4s0dxb.jpg

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Sort of random, but I think Siouxsie & the Banshees (greatest hits for example) makes the BEST Halloween party soundtrack (or addition to playlist for that evening). It's chill enough for everyone but spooky & dark enough for fans of harder music too. Crowd pleaser.
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    I think we’d take naps and then go to bed early after fighting about bills .
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

We do this for New Year's Eve.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Teenybudda wrote: »
    I think a cabin in the woods would be the perfect setting for a Halloween party.

That's true. But it's still possible to make your house look good:

a1etp152t3le.jpg

Nice house.
  • pizzamyheart

We do this for New Year's Eve.

Same but on Halloween we are dressed up in costumes
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    lgscx9du07gb.jpg
  • cee134
    lgscx9du07gb.jpg

Is that an apple core tail?

I almost added, don't ask me what that tail is. :D
  • cee134
    uajhc57ok7zb.png
  • pizzamyheart
    uajhc57ok7zb.png

I might try this for my kids
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    I think a Night Circus theme could be amazing.
    fek9sh98litp.jpeg