Advocare? What are your thoughts?

Options
I'm thinking of trying out the 24-day challenge. I'm not trying to lose weight.. but tone up and build muscle. Thoughts??

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    A cleanse will not "cleanse" anything but your wallet. Look into starting a weightlifting program and eat at a surplus to build muscle.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of it so I Googled it. I can't see how a bunch of supplements will help you tone up or build muscle. Pretty sure you need strength training for that.
  • travjesslove
    Options
    i have been using advocare for about 3 months and it has been the best supplements i have ever used. They are amazing. i even took everything to my doctor and pharmisist to make sure they all check out and they said they are a well known and trusted company. Everything in their products are naturall and good for you
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    i have been using advocare for about 3 months and it has been the best supplements i have ever used. They are amazing. i even took everything to my doctor and pharmisist to make sure they all check out and they said they are a well known and trusted company. Everything in their products are naturall and good for you

Good for you or not, the OP is looking to build muscle. The advocare 24 day challenge kit costs about $200 for a herbal cleanse, some supplements and some shakes. Nothing that will help build muscle or "tone". Take that money and get a gym membership or some dumbbells. If you want shakes and supplements there are better alternatives, or get the same benefits from healthier eating,
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I decided to take a sneak peek and step on the scale for the first time since I started the regimen on day 23 of the 24 day challenge. I had gained 22 pounds. Needless to say, I didn't complete day 24.

Fortunately, it was a friend who was the distributor and she said she would front me the stuff and guarantee the weight loss. So I never paid.
  • emlynn____
    emlynn____ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow that's crazy. Were you following the clean eating plan?
  • travjesslove
    Options
    im 33 years old male and when i started working out with advocare i weighed 190lbs. Now i weigh 205lbs with using advocare mass impact, and muscle gain protein. i cant even explain how many compliments i got. the stuff does work wonders and it is peice of mind knowing it is safe. From expeirince i know the stuff works.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Wow that's crazy. Were you following the clean eating plan?

You do not need this, ever.

Just do it the right way, there are no shortcuts or "plans"
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    im 33 years old male and when i started working out with advocare i weighed 190lbs. Now i weigh 205lbs with using advocare mass impact, and muscle gain protein. i cant even explain how many compliments i got. the stuff does work wonders and it is peice of mind knowing it is safe. From expeirince i know the stuff works.

With the 2 glowing endorsements you've made in the same thread I have to ask......do you sell this stuff?
  • travjesslove
    Options
    no i dont. I didnt beleive it at all right away. My friend was taking it and i seen his gains and i was amazed. i asked what he was taking and he told me. I bought the stuff from him to try it and i have been ever since. I would of never thought it was that good untill i tried it myself. I dont sell it and im not trying to sell it im just saying what i know and show from expeirince.
  • travjesslove
    Options
    the only thing that i am taking from advocare is the mass impact which is creatine and muscle gain which is protein. Most people that lift take at least one of those two supplements
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    the only thing that i am taking from advocare is the mass impact which is creatine and muscle gain which is protein. Most people that lift take at least one of those two supplements

And you don't need either of those supplements to gain muscle, so what you're saying is irrelevant.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

With the 2 glowing endorsements you've made in the same thread I have to ask......do you sell this stuff?

You have to ask?
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did the 24 day challenge last year and I liked it...was a nice jumpstart to eating better.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    There are no shortcuts to living healthy.....this will drain your wallet. It has grown quite big here where I live. It is just another pyramid type sale. Id stay away!
  • travjesslove
    Options
    dont get me wrong, i have a crazy workout routine and its 6 days a week. I have my eating down to exact macros and everything. Your right it is alot of hard work no supplements is going to do all
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options

You do not need this, ever.

Just do it the right way, there are no shortcuts or "plans"
    Couldn't have said it better myself
  • travjesslove
    Options
    how can i get enough protein with out a protein shake if i cant eat enough through a busy day with work and stuff?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    how can i get enough protein with out a protein shake if i cant eat enough through a busy day with work and stuff?

Popping open a can of tuna and going at it with a fork is faster, easier, and has more protein than a shake

eta: tastes better too.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Pre plan your meals.