Advocare? What are your thoughts?

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    how can i get enough protein with out a protein shake if i cant eat enough through a busy day with work and stuff?

How much protein do you eat daily?
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    how can i get enough protein with out a protein shake if i cant eat enough through a busy day with work and stuff?

Popping open a can of tuna and going at it with a fork is faster, easier, and has more protein than a shake
    hopefully with mayo....yuck just plain:( for me anyways lol
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    For non vegetarians, lean meats. I eat a lot of chicken, turkey and fish. Black beans are fairly high in protein as well..
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Popping open a can of tuna and going at it with a fork is faster, easier, and has more protein than a shake
    hopefully with mayo....yuck just plain:( for me anyways lol

Growing up, my grandmother would make tonno (dark tuna in oil) with just a splash of vinegar and some onions. Learned to like it. Now solid white in water is just delicious straight out of the can.

Turkey Perky Jerky is a good protein source too .. very low sodium for a jerky (matters to me).

eta: they make a caffeinated version too. I find this odd.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ok- here is my story on Advocare.

I did the 10 cleanse last year, and loved it. I think I lost 8 pounds. I was eating super clean, no carbs, and drinking TONS of water. Guess what, I could have saved the 40 bucks, changed my diet and still lost the 8 pounds. But during those 10 days, i thought it was all because of Advocare. (stupid me!) After those 10 days, i slowly gained the 8 pounds back. You know why? I started to eat carbs again. My clothes still fit the same, so whatever! I didnt lose fat on the cleanse, I lost water. And I didnt gain fat back, I gained water.

Ok- so a few months later, I dont know maybe 6 or 7, I was stupid again, and spent the money on 24 day challenge. Well I had been eating better than I was before i started the 10 day cleanse. I continued to eat well, workout and take a crap load of Advocare pills. Guess what, I didn't lose anything. Well maybe 2 or 3 pounds. I could have done that on my own.

Really- please save your money.
  • travjesslove
    Options
    i eat about 220 grams a day, that includes two protein shakes
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    i eat about 220 grams a day, that includes two protein shakes

And how heavy are you?
  • travjesslove
    Options
    205lbs, 6'2" tall
  • travjesslove
    Options
    my tdee is 3322. should i worry about hitting the 3800 calories i need a day or more on my protein intake and how much protein intake
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    0.82g of protein per lb of bodyweight would suffice.

1g of protein per lb of bodyweight if you want to feel re-assured.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Did aimee send you a message too? Please stay away from that "cleanse" crap. It's BS.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've used the Advocare shakes before and found them to be quite delicious but expensive. I learned to make my own shakes with frozen fruit, protein powder, and almond milk. The reason I drink shakes is because in the morning eating hurts my stomach...literally...(I have multiple medical conditions that affect my entire digestive system). I found drinking gets me full, jump starts my metabolism, and I don't miss the best meal of the day :)

My mom took all their supplements and didn't loose any weight at all now shes on MFP and eating right and she' lost almost as much as I have!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I have 3 friends on Facebook that lost weight and sing the praises of advocare. I always think they could do the same just by eating right. Now that I see how expensive it is I think they are all crazy, but at least they've gotten good results.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    As I commented before: skip it. Here's why: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

As I commented before, if it works for you go for it. Everyone is different.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Stop. Please.
  • Stooooo
    Options

Stop. Please.

Nope
    Free world, entitled to my opinion.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Stop. Please.

Nope

"Everyone is different."

medical conditions aside, no, we are all the same.
  • Stooooo
    Options

Stop. Please.

Nope

"Everyone is different."

According to you. Can't put medical conditions aside.
  • ritchiedrama
    Options

Stop. Please.

Nope

"Everyone is different."

According to you. Can't put medical conditions aside.

You don't even make sense, have a great day.