10,000 Calories in 2 Days!

Options
I got a bit carried away yesterday and today (obviously, as you can tell by the title.) I actually feel fine rn BUT I’m super bloated. Any tips on getting rid of the bloat? I’m also up around 5lbs but I don’t really mind. It’ll go away soon. Just wanted to share this very interesting experience I had. I have a huge appetite but am very small and quite thin.

Before:
98 lbs

After:
102 lbs

What I ate (Day 1):
3 Nectarines (240 cal)
Raspberries (50 cal)
Banana (105 cal)
String Cheese (50 cal)
BBQ Chicken (500 cal)
Rice (400 cal)
Mac Salad (400 cal)
Beef Short Ribs (400 cal)
Grilled Cabbage (100 cal)
Kalua Pork (300 cal)
2 plates spaghetti w/meat sauce (800 cal)
2 Popsicles (300 cal)
Ice cream bar (200 cal)
A crap ton of goldfish (300 cal)
Raisins (300 cal)
Chocolate chips (200 cal)
Oreos (100 cal)
Dinner rolls (300 cal)
Chocolate (150 cal)
Total: 5195 calories

Today
Pizza (800 cal)
Smoothie w/Ice Cream (400 cal)
4 donuts (800 cal)
Kind Bars (220 cal)
A bunch of grapes (100 cal)
Grilled Chicken (500 cal)
Rice (100 cal)
Apple (100 cal)
Japanese Cheesecake (800 cal)
Cupcakes (300 cal)
Brownies (500 cal)
Milk (150 cal)
Biscuits (70 cal)
Candy (100 cal)
Total: 4940 calories

Grand Total: 10135 calories!

I am in recovery from an eating disorder. Although this amount of food might sound absolutely disgusting to most, this little advanture actually made me happy. This will definitely not happen every day; I plan on going back to a normal amount of food because I am CRAZY BLOATED and do not like that! But hey, it’s two days. It won’t mean anything in the long run. I’m proud that I’m finally able to tell myself that.

Replies

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I’m glad you’re coming around to understanding yourself. However, was this a controlled binge? If not I worry that you will do this again and this current euphoria will go away. It is easy to say you won’t do something after you’ve just done something and are satisfied. If it was not a planned binge then I suggest seeking professional help as it’s not only mentally unhealthy but physically unhealthy as well. If it was then I’m happy you are in control of your food although be wise in regards to binging/cheat days for continued health.
  • J18300
    J18300 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m glad you’re coming around to understanding yourself. However, was this a controlled binge? If not I worry that you will do this again and this current euphoria will go away. It is easy to say you won’t do something after you’ve just done something and are satisfied. If it was not a planned binge then I suggest seeking professional help as it’s not only mentally unhealthy but physically unhealthy as well. If it was then I’m happy you are in control of your food although be wise in regards to binging/cheat days for continued health.

Yes I was aware of what I was doing. It was my sister’s birthday celebration yesterday and my best friend’s birthday celebration today. I know it’s not an excuse to eat that much but it definitely wasn’t just out of the blue. Thank you for your concern!
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Oddly enough, many of your binge items are in my regular diet rotation. If I was going to blow 10,000 calories, it'd be on a gigantic pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and black olives, followed by however many pints of Haagen Dazs New York Super Fudge Chunk were required to get me to 10k.

300 calories of raisins on a binge???
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    If you enjoyed your indulgence and you’ve been mindful enough to record and log it all, that seems like a good sign that you can keep it in perspective. I’m sure the bloat will go down over a day or two, just water weight (mostly). Sometimes celebrations are worth the few days setback!

Your list just reminded me that my daughter and her fiancé who are coming to stay for the weekend, are bringing me a big bag of goldfish! We can’t generally buy them in the UK but they saw some a few weeks ago at a food fair. I fell in love with them on a holiday to America a couple of years ago. 😱

I’ll be carefully portioning those out! But I don’t find them too bad as it seems you get a decent amount for the calories in a portion.
  • J18300
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Oddly enough, many of your binge items are in my regular diet rotation. If I was going to blow 10,000 calories, it'd be on a gigantic pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and black olives, followed by however many pints of Haagen Dazs New York Super Fudge Chunk were required to get me to 10k.

300 calories of raisins on a binge???

Yeah! Raisins are great! Haha
  • J18300
    Options
    If you enjoyed your indulgence and you’ve been mindful enough to record and log it all, that seems like a good sign that you can keep it in perspective. I’m sure the bloat will go down over a day or two, just water weight (mostly). Sometimes celebrations are worth the few days setback!

Your list just reminded me that my daughter and her fiancé who are coming to stay for the weekend, are bringing me a big bag of goldfish! We can’t generally buy them in the UK but they saw some a few weeks ago at a food fair. I fell in love with them on a holiday to America a couple of years ago. 😱

I’ll be carefully portioning those out! But I don’t find them too bad as it seems you get a decent amount for the calories in a portion.

Enjoy your goldfish! They’re amazing!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    To get rid of your bloat drink a little extra water, feature some higher potassium foods in your diet for a few days, and just wait it out.