It drives me crazy when people.....

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    My youngest never liked anything with Bubbles. He still calls it all "bubblebarf" which, still makes me laugh.

Petition to change all soda, pop, coke nomenclature to bubblebarf.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    It drives me when someone (I know) tells me about how my diet pop causes cancer...guess what, news flash...smoking causes cancer too (she smokes)

But then, she says because she doesn't smoke cigarettes, it's much better for her, which may or may not be true, and I don't care if people smoke...but self righteous much, lady

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

Sorry, I'll translate for you!
    "Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

What really confuses me is when you actually want a coke!

person 1- "what kinda coke ya'll want?"

person 2- "uh get me a diet pepsi if they got it, if not diet dr pepper'd be fine"

person 3- "yeah man just get me a coke"

simple as.

Didn't know this was a Texas thing too. Atlanta, everything is a Coke.

This made me SO confused last time I visited Texas! I thought nobody carried anything but coke until my cousin told me she got me a coke and it was a Pepsi.

Surely coke is Coca-Cola and Pepsi is Pepsi?

in the Southeastern US and Texas (rednecks and cowboys) Everything is a coke, even a Pepsi or a mountain dew. Coca Cola is known as "just coke" or "Classic Coke". Atlanta is the world HQ of Coca Cola, so I've grown up with it being like this here. It is new knowledge to me that Texas is the same, only bigger.

Wait until you get to areas of the Midwest where you get both those who refer to all carbonated beverages as "coke" and the people who refer to them as "soda", "pop", or "soda pop". It's fun confusing the non-natives by switching mid-paragraph to another saying for soda.

And it's about 50/50 in the Midwest on whether folks are referring to the specific drink or a generic soda when they say "Gimme a coke".

Factor in the "pronto pup" vs "corn dog" and you truly begin to understand the difference.

Now a corn dog is a corn dog dammit
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    My youngest never liked anything with Bubbles. He still calls it all "bubblebarf" which, still makes me laugh.

Vetoed! I likes my cokes. All of em.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options

Fine. But only if we can have corn dogs and cokes for lunch. WITH MUSTARD.
  • RunDesprate
    RunDesprate Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    IDMCWP...Think everything is about them.
    It’s me. I think everything is amount me. I hate that.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Helois3 wrote: »
    IDMCWP...Think everything is about them.
    It’s me. I think everything is amount me. I hate that.

This post took an unexpected turn. I was surprised! I'd catch the sequel
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    It drives me when someone (I know) tells me about how my diet pop causes cancer...guess what, news flash...smoking causes cancer too (she smokes)

But then, she says because she doesn't smoke cigarettes, it's much better for her, which may or may not be true, and I don't care if people smoke...but self righteous much, lady

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

person 2- "uh get me a diet pepsi if they got it, if not diet dr pepper'd be fine"

simple as.

This made me SO confused last time I visited Texas! I thought nobody carried anything but coke until my cousin told me she got me a coke and it was a Pepsi.

in the Southeastern US and Texas (rednecks and cowboys) Everything is a coke, even a Pepsi or a mountain dew. Coca Cola is known as "just coke" or "Classic Coke". Atlanta is the world HQ of Coca Cola, so I've grown up with it being like this here. It is new knowledge to me that Texas is the same, only bigger.

Wait until you get to areas of the Midwest where you get both those who refer to all carbonated beverages as "coke" and the people who refer to them as "soda", "pop", or "soda pop". It's fun confusing the non-natives by switching mid-paragraph to another saying for soda.

And it's about 50/50 in the Midwest on whether folks are referring to the specific drink or a generic soda when they say "Gimme a coke".

Factor in the "pronto pup" vs "corn dog" and you truly begin to understand the difference.

It is but them midwestner's don't think it is. I'm like "it's just an ex-large corn dog!" and they're all "wtf is a corn dog?"
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Options

Fine. But only if we can have corn dogs and cokes for lunch. WITH MUSTARD.

in
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

It is but them midwestner's don't think it is. I'm like "it's just an ex-large corn dog!" and they're all "wtf is a corn dog?"

so.... foreign
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    People who are unhealthy giving me tips on how to be healthy

ACV Cabbage broth didn't work for you? You must have done it wrong.
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    walk around talking on their Bluetooth headset and I don’t know if they are talking to me or not
  • Katttie89
    Katttie89 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Eat with their mouths open 😬
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    walk around talking on their Bluetooth headset and I don’t know if they are talking to me or not

Maybe not everything is about you? ;)
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1C
    ArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

Maybe not everything is about you? ;)

Don’t burst my bubble please, I am here for support and encouragement 😇😋
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I am from the land of pop
    It is divine here
    Join me

I was born in the land of pop, but moved to soda
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

in atlanta do they call Dr Pepper coke too?

Yep! I am a Dr. Pepper drinker and always call it a coke. Unless it is the glass bottles you can only get at the grocery store that are made with real sugar. Those are 10-2-4 Dr. Peppers and stand all by their own.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

bofg389eo327.jpg

JvXaFy7.gif

"Diet coke root beer"
    (did I say that right!)

simple as.

in atlanta do they call Dr Pepper coke too?

Yep! I am a Dr. Pepper drinker and always call it a coke. Unless it is the glass bottles you can only get at the grocery store that are made with real sugar. Those are 10-2-4 Dr. Peppers and stand all by their own.

But... Its not coke. Its Dr Pepper... In the UK we just call things what they are. Coke is coke. Pepsi is Pepsi. Fanta is Fanta. Life is simple.