• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely you'd eat 10k plus calories in a meal. Sure 2-3k maybe but getting much more than that takes a whole lot of work.

The few times I've gone up that high (2—5k) since I have been on my weight loss journey has been for special occasions (birthdays, weddings, etc), and I don't alter my routine around it. Ultimately the much better option is to have those days be a rare occasion and not try to develop a whole training plan around it.

If you read my salad thread Haha you would know my stomach capacity is superb! The last time I ate at an all you an eat sushi, it was like 33 or 36 rolls in addition to appetizers and some ramen, sides etc...

Do you mean 33-36 pieces of roll, or 33 full rolls, which would be about 200 sushi pieces?

Full. I know I'm a maniac but I do IF and eat big before workout then eat way bigger post.

If you're on a typical workout schedule, that means you're eating "big" at least three times a week and "way bigger" at least three times a week
    Those aren't "cheat meals." That's just your WOE.

What's a WOE?

way of eating = diet (in the non-fad-sense) (what and when you eat, and any rules or principles etc. that guide what and when you eat)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I think cake will give you the boost you are looking for.

Is it too early to suggest the infamous cake sandwich?
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    every bodybuilder i've known - and i used to be into bodybuilding myself- doesn't fast. they keep their protein up all the time by eating 5 or 6 small meals instead of 3 larger ones and keeping enough protein in every meal to keep their body building muscle all the time.

judging by the sushi thing, i'd say you're into exhibitionist eating - proud in a way of how much you can eat. my friend rick and all his buddies were like that. they ended up banned from all the local all-you-can-eat places. it's probably something to deal with.

btw, i also don't think about cheat meals because i'm not cheating anyone or anything. when i lost weight before, i periodically worked in a big meal - this wednesay we're celebrating my son's birthday, and i'm having cake and whatever we're having. and i'm not going to worry about it. also, which is not always the case, the next day we're going to disneyland where i usually walk plenty of miles, so that should even it out.