What food(s) is the key to your success?

Options
Through your weight loss journey I am sure you have encountered a few snacks, condiments, desserts, etc that have been a part of your success.

What are your top 1-3 foods you find yourself eating several days a week that really help you keep going?

Here is my list:

1. Protein Ranch Dress (40 calories in 1/4 cup!) - It is a dressing made out of cottage cheese (you can also use Greek Yogurt) that tastes creamy and delicious! I have it almost everyday on salads or as a topping on burgers, or just about anything to add flavor.

2. Spinach & Cheese Lean Pocket (250 calories) - I am not suggesting this to anyone, because it would be better to eat "clean" but this is my "grab-and-go" meal if I need one. It really when I have no time to prepare something to eat and instead of stopping off at a restaurant or splurging I eat one of these. I love to dip this in a little bit of my protein ranch dressing (above) ;)

3. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich (150 calories) - For those times that I am craving something sweet, this is amazingly satisfying :)

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt of any kind really. And eggs, I guess. And quest protein bars.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a key to sucess as I just put this wonderful combo together the other day but its sooooo good.

Jif to go with Butter Snaps Pretzels. Yum but 374 calories. 250 + 124.

Its only good for me at night when I have over 500 calories remaining.

Its very filling as well.

Did i mention, It's so good!
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    raw veggies with TJs spinach & kale yogurt dip
    any low cal low fat frozen meal- I tend to stick with lean cuisine or Smart Ones but whatever is on sale will do, lol
    and my Blue Sky zero cal zero sugar stevia sodas
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Through your weight loss journey I am sure you have encountered a few snacks, condiments, desserts, etc that have been a part of your success.

What are your top 1-3 foods you find yourself eating several days a week that really help you keep going?

Here is my list:

1. Protein Ranch Dress (40 calories in 1/4 cup!) - It is a dressing made out of cottage cheese (you can also use Greek Yogurt) that tastes creamy and delicious! I have it almost everyday on salads or as a topping on burgers, or just about anything to add flavor.

2. Spinach & Cheese Lean Pocket (250 calories) - I am not suggesting this to anyone, because it would be better to eat "clean" but this is my "grab-and-go" meal if I need one. It really when I have no time to prepare something to eat and instead of stopping off at a restaurant or splurging I eat one of these. I love to dip this in a little bit of my protein ranch dressing (above) ;)

3. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich (150 calories) - For those times that I am craving something sweet, this is amazingly satisfying :)

xleaft.gif
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese

Green Tea

Noodles ( The soup fills me up)

Chilli sauce
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options

Can we get the recipe for this? Pretty please?
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    The ones I don't eat.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is a big one for me. Great by itself. I also like it on a baked potato. I used to smoother a baked potato with butter and sour cream, but now just have one topped with cottage cheese. Yummy and healthy.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Big huge salads with tons of chopped up veggies. I am hungriest at lunch, and I can eat a big bowl of salad that fills me up.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I used to eat skinny cow ice cream a lot but I heard that it has chemical that makes you crave sweet even more since it is not the real thing.

Eat fruits like banana = sweet and satisfy.

Sweet potatoes - sweet and it helps me feel full around 150 calories each.

eggs - creamy for my salad.

Pepper - it makes me drink water more :)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    low fat sugar/salt baked beans with mushrooms and grated cheese.

Baked potatoes with lots of other veggies

Bacon and eggs
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon and steak.
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1. Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
    2. Bananas.
    3. Food processor that allows me to eat kale and spinach regularly without cringing.
    4. Eggs.
    5. Quinoa.
    6. Black beans and chickpeas

I could go on. I try to vary my diet as much as is possible, but what I'm learning all the time what the healthiest food is for me.
  • KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats cooked over night in the slow cooker.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili (since I don't cook).
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    eggs, meat and butter
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Chacolate Star Fish and Hot Dog Flavored water
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

Can we get the recipe for this? Pretty please?

Sure!

Protein Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

1 cup Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt
    1/2 pkg of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Mix (or make your own mix and add 2 tsp)
    1/4 cup of water or milk. If you add milk the calories will obviously increase slightly. I use water, but I tend to have to use a little more than a 1/4 cup (maybe up to 1/2 cup).

Throw it all in a blender and done! It's best if you let it refrigerate for a half hour or so to let it thicken up.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hummus - on anything!
    PB2 - on anything!
    Homemade yogurt
    Homemade low cal granola