Ultimate Accountability Challenge September 2019

Options

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I just joined because I need some personal accountability. The rule of eat no more than your allotted calories still allows for eating calories earned for exercise, correct?
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I just joined because I need some personal accountability. The rule of eat no more than your allotted calories still allows for eating calories earned for exercise, correct?

That's your decision, you set your calorie goals for the day/ month. Many people choose to eat back calories earned.

I do this on weekends so I can enjoy extra snacks or wine, etc.... I normally don't have calorie 'budget' for during the week.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    molly3210 wrote: »

That's your decision, you set your calorie goals for the day/ month. Many people choose to eat back calories earned.

I do this on weekends so I can enjoy extra snacks or wine, etc.... I normally don't have calorie 'budget' for during the week.

I should clarify. I just joined the challenge for accountability. I have used MFP for nearly a decade. I know how eating back calories works. I just wanted to verify that for the purposes of this challenge, eating back earned calories still counts as staying within the daily calorie amount.
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    molly3210 wrote: »

I should clarify. I just joined the challenge for accountability. I have used MFP for nearly a decade. I know how eating back calories works. I just wanted to verify that for the purposes of this challenge, eating back earned calories still counts as staying within the daily calorie amount.

Got it! Then I'd say yes, it counts... it's totally your decision. If your plan is to set goals daily with eating back calories included, then that was a successful day.

The purpose of the calorie check-in every day is simply to stick to the goal YOU'VE set. Hope to see you in September!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @debrakgoogins Yes, if you earn exercise calories, you may 'eat back' calories.
  • KIKITVP
    KIKITVP Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    Daily exercise:
    Daily calorie tracking:
    Daily calorie limit:
    :)
    Good luck everybody.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love this group, the accountability is huge and really helps to keep us focussed. It is the most supportive, encouraging, and respectful group I have ever been a part of. If you are looking for a group to share your journey with we are here to welcome you.
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am not able to add any comments to the "Introduction" section at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133850-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2019.

Any idea why? I wanted to join this group last month, but was unable to add any comments, as I do not see the "Reply" box at the end of thread .
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @L010
    I’m not sure what you need, but you can send me a message at @RangerRickL
  • L010
    L010 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL - Thanks.
    I figured out what I was doing wrong. Once I clicked the "Join" button next to the title "Ultimate Accountability Challenge September 2019" I am able to see the "Reply" box at the end of thread.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Theaou3is602aj4.jpg
    There is just one day left to join us for the September 2019 Ultimate Accountability Challenge, UAC.
    Here is the link https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133850-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2019
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    The best way to become a winner is to be on a great winning team!! You are invited to join us for the September Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC).

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
    The accountability is a daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!
  • KIKITVP
    Options
    I'm ready! WE ARE READY!

Daily exercise:
    Daily calorie tracking:
    Daily calorie limit:
    Good luck everybody.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    HI!
    Yes, YOU! 😃
    I’m going to let you in on a little SECET.....

If you are serious about losing, gaining, or maintaining, this GROUP WILL BE INVALUABLE.🍀

I promise. Totally friendly & positive group!

I’ve been a member for 18 months, and
    UAC has been the reason I’ve taken that walk when I wanted to do something else, not eaten that extra almond, and tracked every single bite. Keeps my head in the game & is definitely my final line of defense. We all CAN do these things. It’s about self-honesty & wanting the results badly enough.

These are simple tasks that work. Please give yourself the GIFT of SUCCESS!

We look forward to welcoming you & getting to know you!

💕 Maddie

PS Please give yourself 2-3 months to get the hang of it. Habits take a little bit of practice to develop!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The best way to become a winner is to be on a great winning team!! You are invited to join us for the September Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC).

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.
    We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!
    The accountability is a daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

So glad this group exists. MFP is already incredibly helpful in meeting my health and fitness goals, but I think UAC ups my chances of success significantly. I love the challenge itself as well as the positive atmosphere you foster. Thank you Rick! :heart:

• ourvibrantlife
    ourvibrantlife Posts: 413 Member
    Options
  • Miyoka_Tata
    Miyoka_Tata Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just joined! I am so excited.🥳
    @iammu please join too 💜
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks! @MadisonMolly2017 and @goldthistime
    You are two of our wonderful team members who invite other MFP members to join us for the September Ultimate Accountability Challenge.
    Click here to join our team https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133850-ultimate-accountability-challenge-september-2019

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Congratulations to our August, 2019 team members who have qualified for the coveted Winner's Circle.
    They followed the rules:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    They posted to the UAC and they had no more than 3 Pass Days.
    Here they are:
    @TerriRichardson112
    @MadisonMolly2017
    @Rozbee1
    @w8goal4life
    @cjane917 (achieved the Winners Circle in the first month of participation)
    @corriepelc
    @JTreasures
    @MadDuck62
    @ConfidentRaven
    @lalabank
    @RangerRickL
  • KIKITVP
    Options
    Sept 1:
    Daily exercise: - yes!
    Daily calorie tracking: yes!