How do you stay focused whilst IF at home?

Hi Everyone,

How do you stay focused when you're IF at home and bored? What are some of the things you do?

Cheers

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Go for a walk

Do puzzles

Post here

Learn a language on Duolingo

Yoga

Hula hoop

Call my Mom

Call my Mother in law

Zumba

Enter my meals for the rest of the day so that I know if I have any room to play with snacks

• losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    RJB_OO7 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

How do you stay focused when you're IF at home and bored? What are some of the things you do?

Cheers

• losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    I takes hot bath. Do yoga or Edmonds White stretches ride my horses clean crafts etc.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Brush my teeth! 😄 The minty flavor keeps me from wanting to eat something.
  • lucyluvhandles
    lucyluvhandles Posts: 138 Member
    Walk my dogs 🐕🐕🐕🐕
    Put on a good movie or tv show
    Clean my house for the 2nd time of the day
    Go to the gym
  • elleelleempea
    elleelleempea Posts: 1 Member
    Netflix
    Read
    Organize something, anything!
    Contemplate how the world has changed in my years and think of how it will look when I’m 70!
    Think about how to be more effective and organized at work and life in general .... and then remember that I do this daily but never follow through on my action plans...
    Research random topics that pop in to my brain
  • d805
    d805 Posts: 103 Member
    Lots of coffee and staying occupied. Cleaning or projects around the house.
  • RovP6
    RovP6 Posts: 108 Member
    Stay focused :) Coffee helps, drink lots of water. Try not to think about when your first meal is (you're now going to think exactly that). Get out of the house and go for a walk.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    I "accidentally" do something like IF on weekends at home.

I stop eating about 11 pm ... but I'm still up doing the last few things on a uni assignment or another project. Then I go to bed and read a while and finally fall asleep about 1 am.

I'm so tired these days that on weekends, I sleep through till about 11 am.

And of course, as usual, I'm not hungry when I wake up. I usually have "breakfast" at about 1 pm.

So ... sleep! It works! :)
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Try to change my mindset from bored to restless which just means I need to take action, even if it’s just to make a cup of coffee. I’ll grab a glass of water and down it all. I found I just need a few minutes of distraction to forget about hunger or the need to eat something. Answering posts on here is also a great distraction—I probably derive more benefit from answering than the OP does from posting!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    When I find myself heading for the kitchen out of boredom, I do a "water chug"--that is, I drink two or three glasses of water as fast as I can--so fast that it actually makes my tummy a little uncomfortable.

Not only is the water good for me, that feeling of uncomfortable fullness reminds me that I'm not REALLY hungry, and I don't need to be futzing around in the kitchen!

(tap water or room temperature works best for me-- I can't chug really cold water)
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Lots of water and Playstation time.
    Also, i found that exercising breaks the hunger, so I tend to go out and lift weights when I am hungry. (Unless you're doing a 3 day fast. Then I wouldn't recommend that).

Also, try going out of the house if you can. I found when we're home, the fridge is one of those Go-TO places.
  • RJB_OO7
    RJB_OO7 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for all the tips everyone, a lot of great advice that I'm definitely going to take in 💪🏽💪🏽🙂💯