edited September 2019
    Options
    @HoopsGuy72
    HoopsGuy72 wrote: »
    47, male, 5'11"
    Highest weight ever: 245.0
    Original SW/BF%: 229.2/19.6 (7-31-2019)
    Ultimate GW: One-derland

9/6: 223.2 (-0.8)/18.8 (-0.1). This is the lowest weight I've been in months. I'm going to try not to get too excited about a number (just as I don't get too upset about a number), but I can't help but feel good about this. On a side note, I HATE the way my body looks as I lose weight. I tend to see losses first in areas I DON'T want to lose (thinning out of legs, shoulders, arms), and I don't see ANY CHANGES around the belly area. Weight training only exaggerates this, unfortunately (I love to lift, both upper and lower body). To make things even more fun, my wife loves to point out changes in my legs in particular (though she has not done this yet during THIS cycle, to her credit). The good news is that I generally know how this process goes. At about 215 my face thins out a bit, and when I get below 210 I start to notice a change in the midsection. I just need to stick with the process and utilize my delayed gratification skills and patience. And continue to stay accountable, of course! This group feels like the only thing that really works for me, in addition to a supportive friend or two (who also happen to be in this group!).

I know exactly how you feel - I lose weight in my arms/legs first (which I am actually OK with as I have gained muscle to fill out the loss of fat, but my belly right now looks like a Shar Pei's face unless I really stretch tall. Flab on hips/back of legs is the other area that is one of the last to go. Opposite of priority boarding, first on, last off - LOL. As much as the mirror seems to highlight how much there still is to lose, the tape measure (and clothes) do help remind me of the progress so far! You've got this!
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Disagree? I noticed that earlier today when I posted. At least I know exactly WHAT that means, but why replace a negative response with another negative response that can be misconstrued also?

I've seen they took away Woo, which is great. And I think Disagree is much clearer, but also not as relevant for our group. Maybe it's more applicable to the "just for fun" threads?
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,829 Member
    Options
    @musicsax I noticed the “disagree” when I logged on yesterday morning.🤷‍♀️ @HoopsGuy72 I tried to “disagree” with your comment about it feeling good but I just couldn’t!

@traydee1963 You’re sooo close! You can do it! One-derland is just a few ounces away! Get it!!