Favorite Cheat under 250 calories

Options
Everyone has that one snack they love...I am a firm believer that you need to splurge and eat the foods you love in order to stick to a weight loss goal. On days I want to "cheat" with a "bad" snack, I will change up the rest of the day to compensate so that I don't feel like I ruined the entire day.

SO, my question to you all is, what is your favorite snack or sweet that you go to when you want to satisfy that craving? I am looking for anything under 250 calories, sweet or salty.

Thanks in advance for your ideas! I truly believe getting tips and ideas from others is a great way to keep your journey going!

Replies

• kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate with marshmallow fluff! It usually fits into my calories, but if I'm at my limit and I still feel really unsatisfied, this is what I have.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Blue bunny mini ice cream cones!! 140-160 calories, depending on flavor. Also, I make Mojitos for 90 calories!!! Those are my weekend treats!

I agree with above, not a cheat, but IIFYM!
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I make room for ultra dark chocolate regularly. For an occasional splurge I will go for Trader Joes mini frozen desserts, including vanilla bon bons, mini mint mouthfuls mini mochi etc. There are several types usually and hey tend to fall in the 40-80 calorie range. So one of those if I feel like indulging is usually where I go. Sometimes it is a glass of wine around 125 calories.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I don't consider it a cheat, but for 250 calories I will happily eat cookies. How many depends on which cookies and how many calories each.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have treats every day. It’s not necessary to cheat, I work it into my calories.
    Daily, I have Dove dark chocolate promises. Depending on the variety, 38-44 calories.
  • chuckamaniac
    chuckamaniac Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    snickers
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    i love outshine bars
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I don't have a single thing I have as a cheat. I do balance my calories in a particular day so that I can make things like sautéed calamari, where I'd use more butter than usual.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    a glass of whole milk (150 cals/cup) and a square of Ghirardelli 86% dark chocolate (60 cals).
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Foot massage and I bring her a small bar of chocolate.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,072 Member
    Options
    250 calories would be sufficient for about 20 ounces of a pretty good session IPA, or a larger amount of an even better-tasting but higher-ABV one.

An individual cup of Edy's Slow-churned Caramel Delight ice cream would also fit, with enough calories left to add some unsweetened coconut or some dry-roasted peanuts.

There are other options, but that's a couple.

Not a cheat, though: Just food.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    When I have that many calories to work with I enjoy nutella and pretzels. 1-1.5T nutella and a serving of pretzels and eat them slowly.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    When I have that many calories to work with I enjoy nutella and pretzels. 1-1.5T nutella and a serving of pretzels and eat them slowly.

Nutella is best served by the spoonful....or just on your finger😇
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have chocolate in some amount, pretty much every day. what it is, varies.

i dont cheat. i make what i want to eat, fit. or be over. life goes on. LOL