Favorite Cheat under 250 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    For those few calories, I wouldn't consider it a splurge, but I have one savory and one sweet suggestion:

savory -- I mix cheddar cheese powder (I use King Arthur Flour vermont cheddar cheese powder, but it's similar to the cheese powder people put on popcorn) with plain greek yogurt, to get a very satisfying cheese "pudding" that I eat with a spoon. Bonus -- it provides a protein boost while tasting cheesier to me than most commercial cheese-flavored snacks. The amount I have typically runs just under 200 kcal. YMMV.

sweet -- I mix dark chocolate cocoa mix (the sweetened stuff that you can use to make a hot chocolate beverage) with a far smaller amount of milk than the directions would call for, so that the consistency is similar to brownie batter. Again, the amount I have typically runs just under 200 kcal. It's very much like eating raw brownie batter, without the worry of raw egg or raw flour. I'm probably going to have to start mixing up my own cocoa mix, since it's easier to source fair trade plain powdered cocoa than fair trade cocoa mix, and I'm trying not to support businesses built on trafficked child slave labor. (Sorry to be a bummer.)
  • gdb11st
    gdb11st Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Since you don’t mind a lil salt in your cheat food, sprinkle some on an avocado and enjoy. And still be healthy.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have a low cal snack most nights. I like nuts, trail mix, dark chocolate, wheat thins, fruit and popcorn.

None of these are a cheat to me and i don't consider anything I eat bad.

Also eating something small before bed helps me sleep better.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Helga’slight rye toast with raspberry jam. Or the bar counter raspberry truffle bar
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    At 250 calories, I have discovered an addiction to mint Cliff bars
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I stick my tongue in a bowl of sprinkles. Seriously. But I don't considering it cheating. I'm proud of my sprinkles and they're proud of me.

Genius.
    Remind me to refuse sprinkles on my ice cream when round yours though.

• Taytaylynn92
    Taytaylynn92 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa always!!!!!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Halo Ice Cream ... I love the peaches and cream.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,628 Member
    Options
    If you crave something savoury and crunchy (like a chip), some carby snacks sold for deep frying at home can be puffed and crisped in the microwave.

Poppadoms are about 38 kcal per disc. Do those 1 minute in the microwave on high and mix some mango chutney with low fat yoghurt to make a dipping sauce.

Similarly 6 asian tapioca prawn crackers (20g) are about 66 kcal when microwaved. They go for 30-40 seconds but scorch more easily than poppadoms.

Those Vietnamese rice papers sold for making summer rolls when softened in water also crisp up in the microwave. You will need to brush some soy sauce onto them as they are unsalted. You'll have to experiment with timing as I don't remember how long I used to zap them for.

Here is a picture of my last poppadom as sold, and after microwaving a minute.
    u5t19617pudl.jpg
    w5rjtqvxi2z4.jpeg

• msweezybear66
    msweezybear66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I fit some Dove Dark Chocolate into my diary every day so it’s not really cheating but my butt doesn’t know that ...
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hot chocolate with marshmallow fluff! It usually fits into my calories, but if I'm at my limit and I still feel really unsatisfied, this is what I have.

I love hot chocolate and fluff! I found recipe on line for a healthier version of fluff, 'Chocolate Covered Katie'has awesome recipes!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Handful of pretzel crisps dipped in 2 tbsp of peanut butter
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    gdb11st wrote: »
    Since you don’t mind a lil salt in your cheat food, sprinkle some on an avocado and enjoy. And still be healthy.

What’s unhealthy about any of the other ideas shared here?
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Under 250 cals?

Chinese sweet beef jerky, peanut M&Ms, Ghiardelli chocolate squares, plain popcorn, mozzarella sticks, pre-sliced salami, macaroons and/or a glass of saiv blanc or pinot noir (within the 250 cal limit) are some of the "snacks" that I'd consider.