Body changes you've noticed - add yours!

Options

Replies

• ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I can’t wait until I start having these! As of now I’ve lost 10 lbs and zero changes.
  • LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    ama3387 wrote: »
    I can’t wait until I start having these! As of now I’ve lost 10 lbs and zero changes.

You're on the cusp! Keep going :)
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    LeiLaura wrote: »

Felt and *saw* my new calf muscles yesterday! It was a much-needed NSV because I'd been feeling that my body wasn't shrinking any more. My belly still feels fat and blobby, and until that goes down, I'm going to find it hard to believe I'm "slim", but these wee NSVs are still nice little presents that help keep me going.
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    Wedding ring fits again, even after exercise. Shoes getting a bit big. Can close car safety belt. Showering is easy peasy again. Can cut my own toe nails. Fit onto dentist's chair. Can use just about any chair, unless made of flimsy balsa wood. Walk up and down stairs (slowly!) - no more elevators or escalators. Hoping to sit on a bicycle soon..... Dear me! What next ?!?

Well done, that's fantastic!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs so far - which is a lot for me as I'm only 5"1 and have a very petite frame. So far I've noticed:
    My collarbone is more pronounced.
    My jawline and cheekbones are visible.
    I've gone from a D cup to a C cup which makes me kinda sad.
    My love handles are shrinking (at last!).
    I have a waist now 😲
    My feet are bonier.
    A lot of my clothes are too big now and I am fitting in to stuff I bought over 10 years ago (I should probably go clothes shopping lol).
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I've lost 20lbs so far - which is a lot for me as I'm only 5"1 and have a very petite frame. So far I've noticed:
    My collarbone is more pronounced.
    My jawline and cheekbones are visible.
    I've gone from a D cup to a C cup which makes me kinda sad.
    My love handles are shrinking (at last!).
    I have a waist now 😲
    My feet are bonier.
    A lot of my clothes are too big now and I am fitting in to stuff I bought over 10 years ago (I should probably go clothes shopping lol).

Yay for the shrinking love handles!! Well done, that's brilliant progress. Thanks for joining in :)
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Photo on Left = 250 lbs (-30 lbs into my journey)
    Photo on Right = 213 lbs (-67 lbs into my journey)

SW in April 2019 = 280 lbs.
    UGW = 180 lbs.
    Age 54, Height 6'1"
    In the first photo I was down 30 lbs but couldn't really see any change other than clothes fitting a little better. That all changed through the Summer!
    l1yib4ndfsbt.jpg

you look amazing
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    I have actual muscles! :D:D:D As a person that was essentially completely sedentary until the age of 38 when I finally got my act together to lose weight to halt my health decline due to being obese, actually being toned and having strong muscles never ceases to amaze me :) I’m now a runner and trail running is my true passion <3 my legs have been transformed into shapely muscular monsters capable of running up and down hills and mountains whenever I feel like it. Never in my wildest dreams thought I’d identify myself as a runner or even anything remotely athletic... but never say never I guess :#
    9a3rlv38tl0l.jpeg

That's so amazing! Well done!
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a change in my body physically but I have noticed that my resting heart rate has dropped from 73bpm to 64bpm since starting back up on my weight loss regimen. I’ve only lost 10lbs since restarting but my rhr has dropped almost 10 bpm.
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    Not necessarily a change in my body physically but I have noticed that my resting heart rate has dropped from 73bpm to 64bpm since starting back up on my weight loss regimen. I’ve only lost 10lbs since restarting but my rhr has dropped almost 10 bpm.

Wow, I hadn't thought about measuring that! Well done.
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    Great results everyone. Mine aren’t super dramatic but I’ll share them.

5’4”
    Started at 181
    Current 161

I’ve only been using MFP for about a month, was 165 when I started tracking. My exercise is rowing every day (started in November 2018) that I’m not traveling...20 min/day during the week with longer rows on the weekends.

I’ve lost a pant size, from a tight 10/loose12 to a comfortable 8.
    Shirt arms now fit.
    My face is thinner
    Rings are loose (am able to wear 1 that I couldn’t wear for 2 years.
    I’m regaining my hourglass figure
    It’s not an effort to paint my toenails
    More neck wrinkles

I have way less stress/tension headaches
    Sleep a ton better
    Have more energy
    On my annual sailing trip last week I found myself not struggling to pull line and raise sails
    I’m less winded on stairs.

And most notably just feel generally much better.

That's all fantastic (apart from the neck wrinkles, lol), thank you for sharing! I love that sailing was easier for you. It's those unexpected but impactful NSVs that really benefit us most :)
  • LeiLaura
    Options

Felt and *saw* my new calf muscles yesterday! It was a much-needed NSV because I'd been feeling that my body wasn't shrinking any more. My belly still feels fat and blobby, and until that goes down, I'm going to find it hard to believe I'm "slim", but these wee NSVs are still nice little presents that help keep me going.

I felt muscle in my stomach! I nearly fell off my chair! Granted, my tummy still has plenty of wobble, but it *has* slimmed down some, and the muscle is definitely there!
  • LeiLaura
    Options

I felt muscle in my stomach! I nearly fell off my chair! Granted, my tummy still has plenty of wobble, but it *has* slimmed down some, and the muscle is definitely there!

There was definitely some concave shaping going on around my "abs" and stomach in the mirror this morning :) (Still plenty of wobble there, though).

My behind feels tiny now, and my thighs are still narrowing. If only my tummy would do the same!
  • raini38
    raini38 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a chin again! And I reach back to touch my behind and it’s not there!!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So much inspiration here! I've been on MFP since 2014 but almost all my real weight loss happened this year.

50 years old
    5'7"
    SW: 222
    CW: 164
    GW: 155

I've lost 4 sizes and can fit into almost all of my pre-obesity clothing.

I've become very active and now trail hike long distances, trail run and have goals for ultra marathons and triathlons.

My blood pressure went from borderline high to impressive.

I don't have gerd any longer and don't take medication anymore.

I'm no longer embarrassed when I walk into a room. And I'm no longer trying to tuck fat into my clothes!

I now wear a bikini to the pool again. At 50!
  • LeiLaura
    Options
    raini38 wrote: »
    I have a chin again! And I reach back to touch my behind and it’s not there!!

It's such a weird feeling, isn't?!