this is a joke, right?
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Apple Butter!!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,259 Member
    Options
    Beet greens, definitely beet greens. And for some reason there are plenty of 'em lately at my Michigan farmer's market, locally grown, in March. Must be early beet thinning season, or something. So good.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Beet greens, definitely beet greens. And for some reason there are plenty of 'em lately at my Michigan farmer's market, locally grown, in March. Must be early beet thinning season, or something. So good.

LOVE beet greens!! I remember making a post here a few years ago asking what that magic green was in my mixed greens, and it changed how I do shopping forever. Every time I enter a grocery store, even if I'm just buying toilet paper, I will check the produce section if they have one looking for my next beet greens "fix". We don't get them often around here.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Fiddleheads, and the season is slowly coming here.
    Mushrooms. I've been living on those things lately.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lentils and baby spinach. I eat both several times a week, they are both very versatile and delicious
  • mydogisthebestdogever
    mydogisthebestdogever Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and turnips are so underrated. They are delicious, nutritious, and filling.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms and turnips are so underrated. They are delicious, nutritious, and filling.

I wouldn't say mushrooms are undderrated. Depends on the type I guess.

Turnips, while undderrated sure, are disgusting
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Lentils and baby spinach. I eat both several times a week, they are both very versatile and delicious

Ew to lentils! imo
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,591 Member
    Options
    I think dried beans/legumes aren't given their due credit. Either it's canned or none. Since having an Instant Pot I make them all the time (don't need to soak) and they taste way better than canned, I eat a batch a week in salads alone now.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    I think dried beans/legumes aren't given their due credit. Either it's canned or none. Since having an Instant Pot I make them all the time (don't need to soak) and they taste way better than canned, I eat a batch a week in salads alone now.

I love frozen peas... still frozen. Does that count? haha
  • AnnPT77
    Options

A really delicious thing is sliced turnips layered with a savory fresh-mushroom-heavy bread stuffing (I like whole grain bread). No, I don't have a recipe, but it's just basic bread stuffing (like for poultry) with sage, garlic, etc.; and the turnips; then baked in a casserole dish until done. To keep calories manageable, I think one could reduce the bread part to just enough to nicely absorb the mushroom juices, if desired.
  • AnnPT77
    Options

Ew to lentils! imo

@pancakerunner, I think you and I are nearly food-preference opposites. I love turnips and lentils . . . and you know what I think about those Lofthouse cookies you seem to obsess over. :lol:

I think we could avoid interpersonal conflict if we were shipwrecked together on an island with a decent grocery store! ;):flowerforyou:
  • pancakerunner
    Options

Ew to lentils! imo

@pancakerunner, I think you and I are nearly food-preference opposites. I love turnips and lentils . . . and you know what I think about those Lofthouse cookies you seem to obsess over. :lol:

I think we could avoid interpersonal conflict if we were shipwrecked together on an island with a decent grocery store! ;):flowerforyou:

Haha... Yay! Don't eat me. Also, for the record, I'm NOT a fan of those Lofethouse sugar cookies!
  • AnnPT77
    Options

Ew to lentils! imo

Haha... Yay! Don't eat me. Also, for the record, I'm NOT a fan of those Lofethouse sugar cookies!

I'm vegetarian. You'd be safe. For a long time, at least. ;)
  • PrimaryAdjunctOfUnimatrix1010
    Options
    The ancient grain, farro.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    The ancient grain, farro.

Bulgur is also underrated!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    tapioca pudding... and rice pudding. yum
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    tapioca pudding... and rice pudding. yum

Forgot all about these two...yummm
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I confess, I haven’t read through the thread. Did someone mention parsnips?