Options
13»

Replies

• melinalosada
    melinalosada Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    What do you think about this? I am new in keto!6yox1v0fqbqo.png

I would question why so few calories? Depending on your stats and exercise program, protein may be a bit low.

Because eat protein is dificult for me because I don eat means and chicken. So my diet ibcludes eggs chees etc. And I learned have 50-74 gr to protein for my 48 kg
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    What do you think about this? I am new in keto!6yox1v0fqbqo.png

I would question why so few calories? Depending on your stats and exercise program, protein may be a bit low.

Because eat protein is dificult for me because I don eat means and chicken. So my diet ibcludes eggs chees etc. And I learned have 50-74 gr to protein for my 48 kg

You should consider bumping fats up then. 900 calories is low, especially with someone who exercises. Also, do you eat fish?
  • bp7983
    bp7983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im new to keto any suggestions would be great
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first week on keto and am down 6 pounds! I know it’s probably mostly water but I still feel really good. I’ve also been flexibly doing IF by not eating until 1 or 2pm and stopping by 9 or 10pm. It’s been super easy since I’m already not a breakfast person and I don’t really get hungry either. Coffee definitely helps, but I’ve even been having a hard time hitting my calorie goal and not being under because I eat enough to keep me full all day and not need more! Which never ever happened doing just CICO. I was always starving and looking forward to my next meal.

So anyways, feel free for anyone to add me as a keto friend!!
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first week on keto and am down 6 pounds! I know it’s probably mostly water but I still feel really good. I’ve also been flexibly doing IF by not eating until 1 or 2pm and stopping by 9 or 10pm. It’s been super easy since I’m already not a breakfast person and I don’t really get hungry either. Coffee definitely helps, but I’ve even been having a hard time hitting my calorie goal and not being under because I eat enough to keep me full all day and not need more! Which never ever happened doing just CICO. I was always starving and looking forward to my next meal.

So anyways, feel free for anyone to add me as a keto friend!!

When I first started lower carb this was my experience as well. At the time I was still loosely tracking my calorie intake and I had a few days under 1,000 calories, just because I wasn't hungry. I intentionally upped my fat intake and added snacks throughout the day (string cheese, beef jerky, tuna packets with mayo etc), and got things stabilized better :)
  • lbid83
    lbid83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just look up keto to find friends. i’m looking for strict keto in particular. My real life Keto friends Are doing lazy keto and they don’t understand why i am so strict
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,081 Member
    Options
    I am keto-ish/low carb ... I upped my carbs but I still make Keto meals ...feel free to add me :)
  • Moxiemaiden
    Moxiemaiden Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Op, I'm relaxed carnivore or 'ketovore' at this point but would love any friends who are focused on a lower carb way of eating. I'm back on MFP after taking a much needed break and would like to connect with others who are on a similar path :)

I am just starting on Ketovore. I could always use a friend and any encouragement I can get!
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been keto for a few years - have gained a bit of weight through lazy keto and some meds, but I'm back on the horse! Looking for fellow keto followers so please add me :)
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to add anyone lol but you can add me I’m doing keto mostly adhering to clean and interspersed with keto vegan and vegetarian meal. So I share meals with my veg hubby. I also like to fat fast in morning coffee and eat breakfast at 12. Eventually I want to do omad when I’m fat adapted. I’m right now in about 3 weeks in I’m pretty sure I’m in or near keto sis as I’ve had some keto flu.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Not sure how to add anyone lol but you can add me I’m doing keto mostly adhering to clean and interspersed with keto vegan and vegetarian meal. So I share meals with my veg hubby. I also like to fat fast in morning coffee and eat breakfast at 12. Eventually I want to do omad when I’m fat adapted. I’m right now in about 3 weeks in I’m pretty sure I’m in or near keto sis as I’ve had some keto flu.

I would caution you to run OMAD, especially as a vegan. Vegan sources of protein are already inferior from an L-Luecine standpoint, so if you want to maintain muscle mass, you want to more frequently stimulate muscle protein synthesis, which would require close to 30-40g of protein per meal. Given the direct correction between metabolism and muscle mass, it wouldn't be advised.