Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein powder

rahimljrahimlj Posts: 181Member Member Posts: 181Member Member
I got protein yesterday from Walmart. Yes I decided to be lazy and get a crappier brand than usual. I've had cookies and cream but it was muscle Pharm. This one was six star. It smells a bit off but also tastes slightly funny. Could it have gone bad? Expiry is 2021. Is it bad to keep it? Not sure if anyone else tried this one and if that's how it tastes. Not worth going back to Walmart and returning but just wondering if it's okay to use.

Replies

• neugebauer52neugebauer52 Posts: 850Member Member Posts: 850Member Member
    Return it and eat carbs / fat / protein as provided by nature. I find that "6 star" comment interesting - how many stars are there supposed to be in the protein system? 8 ? 10 ? If 10 - then the product has a mediocre 60 %. Protein in eggs etc. always has a 100 % "protein star grading".... :)
  • JBanx256JBanx256 Posts: 423Member Member Posts: 423Member Member
    Return it and eat carbs / fat / protein as provided by nature. I find that "6 star" comment interesting - how many stars are there supposed to be in the protein system? 8 ? 10 ? If 10 - then the product has a mediocre 60 %. Protein in eggs etc. always has a 100 % "protein star grading".... :)

Six Star is a brand, not a rating.
  • GaryRunsGaryRuns Posts: 213Member, Premium Member Posts: 213Member, Premium Member
    Generally dry items don't go bad unless moisture makes it's way in. Was the seal good when you opened it and/or is there any sign that moisture crept in?

I get that very same protein powder from Costco and the stuff is like the finest wine compared to some of the other protein powders I've tried, at least taste wise. Costco also sells Gold Standard. Pretty sure roaches won't eat that *kitten*! lol
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 25,473Member Member Posts: 25,473Member Member
    I have MP Cookies and Cream at home right now. It doesn't smell bad or taste funny. Return it.