Do you get your periods on the same day every month??

Options
Would a week late period be considered irregular?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS so i went years only having 1-2 periods a year....when i lost weight i had no period for 1.5 years.....i regained 10 and now i do indeed have a period every single month every 31 days exactly for past 4 months. Been a weird ride...
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Would a week late period be considered irregular?

Depends on your age, your general health and birth control method.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    "Regular" for me at one point was every 6 weeks, and every three months was not uncommon.

Oddly, now that I am in peri-menopause "regular" for me is every 28-31 days.

Perhaps the purchase of a pregnancy test is in order?
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    "Regular" for me at one point was every 6 weeks, and every three months was not uncommon.

Oh no. My period came today full force.

Thing is....I literally walk around with a pad on 7 days straight sometimes thinking/ feeling my period is about to come but it doesn’t. Such a waste of pads. I started tracking and it’s never on the same day sometimes not even within the same week.

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how your cycle usually works. If you’re dead on 28 days and always have been, then a week late would make you wonder. But temporary disturbance of your cycle can be due to a myriad of things. Stress, dietary changes, weight gain/loss, medications, your age if you’re approaching that point etc.

My cycle was always, practically to the hour, 6 weekly. It was never the standard 28 days (anecdotally, all 4 of my children were born 2 weeks past calculated due dates too).

Is there a specific reason you’re asking this, is it something that’s worrying you in particular?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

Thing is....I literally walk around with a pad on 7 days straight sometimes thinking/ feeling my period is about to come but it doesn’t. Such a waste of pads. I started tracking and it’s never on the same day sometimes not even within the same week.

Your answer might be right here. ^^^ Undue stress can cause it to be late. I got spayed in my mid-30's. That was a glorious day indeed. 😀
  • kshama2001
    Options

In that case, consider a moon cup. I have a smaller one like these for times like you describe: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=moon+cup&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

And this baby for after Niagara Falls starts: https://gladrags.com/products/xo-flo
  • vanityy99
    Options

In that case, consider a moon cup. I have a smaller one like these for times like you describe: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=moon+cup&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

And this baby for after Niagara Falls starts: https://gladrags.com/products/xo-flo

Are those practical for when you’re out in public?
  • kshama2001
    Options

Sure. I prefer handicapped stalls with sinks, but when those aren't available, I wash my hands before going into the stall (and after).

During heavy days (I have uterine fibroids and super heavy periods) I use a pad as a backup.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    I think it depends on how your cycle usually works. If you’re dead on 28 days and always have been, then a week late would make you wonder. But temporary disturbance of your cycle can be due to a myriad of things. Stress, dietary changes, weight gain/loss, medications, your age if you’re approaching that point etc.

My cycle was always, practically to the hour, 6 weekly. It was never the standard 28 days (anecdotally, all 4 of my children were born 2 weeks past calculated due dates too).

Is there a specific reason you’re asking this, is it something that’s worrying you in particular?

My period has always been all over the place but I’ve been paying attention to it more and I’ve realized how off the dates are. I’m pretty much annoyed at the fact that I’m paranoid and wearing pads for no good reason. I just want to see if I’m being a hypochondriac- now that I’m tracking I’m paranoid everything’s wrong with me.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    When I start getting hungry for lunch around 11 AM, I know my period is due in a day or two :lol:
  • vanityy99
    Options

Sure. I prefer handicapped stalls with sinks, but when those aren't available, I wash my hands before going into the stall (and after).

During heavy days (I have uterine fibroids and super heavy periods) I use a pad as a backup.

Did you have to try different brands before deciding on mooncup?

Or all the pretty much all the same. I’ve seen the diva cup at my store
  • vanityy99
    Options
    When I start getting hungry for lunch around 11 AM, I know my period is due in a day or two :lol:
    Sorry girl. Asking you a million and 1 questions when I can just YouTube it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

I empty mine every hour or two on those days. If that isn't practical, then I will add the pad. After all, I have needed double protection and/or frequent changes my whole life.

Out in public, you can just empty them and/or wipe them out with toilet paper a few times a day. They do need to be rinsed as often as practical.

My iron rich blood also stains mine. The only thing I have found to get it back to original is a long soak in oxyclean at the end of each cycle.

I use the Diva. It took me several months to get used to it, unlike what YouTube users will tell you.
  • kshama2001
    Options

Did you have to try different brands before deciding on mooncup?

Or all the pretty much all the same. I’ve seen the diva cup at my store

I wasn't using "moon cup" as a brand but rather a type of product, but I see it is actually a brand too.

I first got one, oh, might have been the late 90s. There were much less options then. The first one I had was natural rubber, which I didn't like. I have silicone now. I think I've only purchased from GladRags, but they are all over the place now.

I'd recommend something without a smooth stem. My big one has beads and it is a lot easier to extract.

If I had to replace my smaller one (which I don't - they last forever!) I'd get this package https://smile.amazon.com/Ranked-Comfortable-Menstrual-Cup-Removal/dp/B01N1U7VCA/

61q1FmvwJlL._SX522_.jpg
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    If you want a LOT more information on this topic... the book "taking charge of your fertility" is a great read. It's probably at your library. There shouldn't be much variation in your luteal phase (from ovulation till period) but there can be variation from the start of your period until you ovulate. And if you don't ovulate in a month that could change things too. Stress, weight loss, lots of other things can affect your cycles.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Do you get your periods on the same day every month??

Nope. Not even close.

That's perimenopause for you.
  • sexynurse801ms
    sexynurse801ms Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have my period every 28 days.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    Options
    I never got my periods the exact same day every month, not in my entire life.

Always got them round about monthly - sometimes 28 days, more often 30 - 35.

That was just my normal.