Best healthiest UK supermarket food?

Options
Hi all

I see so many posts about new american/canadian foods and was wondering what other people eat from the UK from supermarkets? My fave at the minute is aldi dark chocolate and orange rice cake bars :)

Replies

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I see so many posts about new american/canadian foods and was wondering what other people eat from the UK from supermarkets? My fave at the minute is aldi dark chocolate and orange rice cake bars :)

I have one of those or a Fibre One cake bar most days, they're really tasty.
    I also highly rate the Aldi low fat sausages, chicken burgers and skinny meatballs.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Responding to your title - vegetables and salads. 🤷‍♀️

Much as is the case world over! 😉

If you’re asking best ‘treat’ product, that’s a different story and I don’t have an answer for that one! 😂

• NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Hi all

I also highly rate the Aldi low fat sausages, chicken burgers and skinny meatballs.

Those Fibre One bars are so yummy! I love the chocolate brownie one but on more than one occasion I’ve ended up eating three of them in one go cos they’re so tiny 😂
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    We’re hooked on a toasted seed breakfast topper from Morrison’s at the moment. It’s got a variety of seeds that have been toasted so they’ve got this lovely light, crunchy texture and warm taste. Works amazing on porridge with a teaspoon of honey and handful of fruit.

I also like the WW ready meal range. I get them from ASDA for £2-£2.50 and they’re great for when I want a quick lunch. I love the bangers and mash, chicken pie and Thai red curry.
  • tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Asda sells these 1 pack salads with individual dressing. I love those. 1.25 for a nice, low calorie meal.

Alpro Plant Based Yogurts are also great.. The mango one is really good.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 989 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I mainly buy fresh fish, meat, vegetables and fruit.It strikes me that choice of supermarket is of secondary importance for this (although I normally use Sainsburys, as it is near me.)
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Graham's Dairy Protein - 22g of protein per pot for the princely sum of 148 calories.. ;) Lidl stock it, other places probably do as well.
  • Hooliekom
    Hooliekom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hooliekom wrote: »
    Graham's Dairy Protein - 22g of protein per pot for the princely sum of 148 calories.. ;) Lidl stock it, other places probably do as well.

Is that like a yoghurt to eat?

It has a thicker texture compared to most yogurts, it's more 'set - it is actually a flavoured quark. Arla make a similar one which is slightly thinner but I don't like it as much as the Graham's version.

• Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    NadNight wrote: »
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    Hi all

Those Fibre One bars are so yummy! I love the chocolate brownie one but on more than one occasion I’ve ended up eating three of them in one go cos they’re so tiny 😂

Tesco do an own brand peanut butter one, slightly more calories but just as good.
    I like the cinnamon one with ice cream.
    Drooling now...... :D