How supportive is MFP to you?

Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’m kinda like you @pizzamyheart

I used to find this place a much more inviting and motivating place. I used to post selfies even. But some of my favorite posters have left, and while many favorites remain, they too have lost favorites and the inevitable feeling of “its just not the same as it use to be #cryface” seems to afflict almost all of us eventually. That leads to declining interest in the forums and less interaction on the newsfeed.

Having said that I’m getting comfy again lately

Release the Krakens!!
  • BachataDancer
    BachataDancer Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I forgot the op question
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I forgot the op question

at least you remember what thread you’re in.

right?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I forgot the op question

right?

pi.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I forgot the op question

right?

Texas !
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I forgot the op question

right?

Texas !

We’ve been through this. No way anyone’s getting that whole thing in their mouth.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I get out of it what I put into it, both as a tool and a way to socialize or entertain myself.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    MFP can mean so many things.

You might see only letters of the alphabet, but if you think back to the Egyptians it's more complex than that. Each letter is a symbol, a sound, a concept. Now imagine what the power of 3 can unlock.

So yes, MFP is supportive.

But it's also transportive.

It's locomotive.

We're in a dimension unexplored by our ancestors... and that's just the tipping point, my friends.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »

You might see only letters of the alphabet, but if you think back to the Egyptians it's more complex than that. Each letter is a symbol, a sound, a concept. Now imagine what the power of 3 can unlock.

It's locomotive.

We're in a dimension unexplored by our ancestors... and that's just the tipping point, my friends.

1273198210767.jpg
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I thought we were just here for the lulZ....
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on who your friends are on here. I've been on the site for about 8 years and I have a group of people I consider extended family. I've met several of them IRL, hosted them at my house, been to another's house, rented an AirBnB with a couple of them, took a beach trip with one. Breakfasted with one, dinner with a couple more. And they were all exactly how I expected them to be. I got rid of any drama on my FL years ago and I'm really comfortable with the people I share with on here.

Much the same. I've been here for about 7 years I think and have a small group of really close friends that I've made here. We exchange cards and gifts, one I've met IRL. When I first ventured into the forums I found a ton of info, support and encouragement for heavy lifting so now I'm a lifter. So along the way I've acquired lifting friends too.

My FL is small. No drama.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    it's a place to log more accurately. But that being said, I lost most my weight just logging in a notebook. this just makes it easier. I like to hear success stories and leave my own for someone to get inspired with. The rest is just fun and games.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I dunno.. I don't find anyone or anything here directly supportive. I have a few people on my list who constantly post encouraging posts about attitude, one who is always posting puns (you know who you are ;) ) and the rest are more like me. We kinda all keep to ourselves.

As far as the forums.. I interact with you all, but I rarely find anything here what I would qualify as "supportive". Mostly just entertaining.

It becomes quite apparent in threads where our faces are known. Some individuals get way more "support" than others and more positive affirmations based solely on appearance as opposed to why (I assume) we're all here.

That's why I don't take anything here seriously anymore. What's the point?
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    I dunno.. I don't find anyone or anything here directly supportive. I have a few people on my list who constantly post encouraging posts about attitude, one who is always posting puns (you know who you are ;) ) and the rest are more like me. We kinda all keep to ourselves.

As far as the forums.. I interact with you all, but I rarely find anything here what I would qualify as "supportive". Mostly just entertaining.

It becomes quite apparent in threads where our faces are known. Some individuals get way more "support" than others and more positive affirmations based solely on appearance as opposed to why (I assume) we're all here.

That's why I don't take anything here seriously anymore. What's the point?

If you ever see me being supportive in the forums please make sure to tell me immediately so I may stop such nonsense! I assure you, any support coming from me is unintentional. I, like my bra, prefer to offer no support whatsoever.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »

It's locomotive.

1273198210767.jpg

From Bill and Ted 3

kk8jenwhwnzy.png
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    he looks weird without the beard
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’m kinda like you @pizzamyheart

I used to find this place a much more inviting and motivating place. I used to post selfies even. But some of my favorite posters have left, and while many favorites remain, they too have lost favorites and the inevitable feeling of “its just not the same as it use to be #cryface” seems to afflict almost all of us eventually. That leads to declining interest in the forums and less interaction on the newsfeed.

Having said that I’m getting comfy again lately

This place wouldn't be the same without @pizzamyheart

:smile:
  • TheChristianSimone
    Options
    I believe support is an allusion. I have no friends on here even tho I observe some here do. I mainly pop on to log which sorta helps sorta doesn’t but I like data.

I know for me support comes in person.