Options
13»

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Noooooooo, bananas are evil!

Eating a banana a day ruined me for artificially flavored banana product thingies. How am I supposed to enjoy laffy taffy and...er...other things that I can't think of right now??
    :)

I still like banana-flavored things as long as I pretend they're not banana.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

Eating a banana a day ruined me for artificially flavored banana product thingies. How am I supposed to enjoy laffy taffy and...er...other things that I can't think of right now??

Circus peanuts?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

I still like banana-flavored things as long as I pretend they're not banana.

My favorite frozen yogurt shop sometimes has the banana nilla wafer flavor and I just couldn't.

I AM all over the chocolate banana built bars tho.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

I don't think I've ever had one. They're kinda marshmellowy, right?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

I describe their texture as "permanently squished, old marshmallow"
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

Yeah, but grosser than a marshmellow. And the worst artificial banana flavor you could imagine.
    Banana Runts are the only other banana-flavored thingie I can think of.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Banana flavored mini tootsie pops are awesome. Then again, I've been eating the mini tootsie pops since I quit smoking so I may not be a really good judge.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I think the banana is one of the best carb sources available. Eat before, during, or after a workout or at any time you feel you need the carbs. I've carried them with me on bike rides, hikes, kayaks, etc., and I really appreciate the biodegradable packaging.

Now, here's a hard question: my grocery store puts the organic and conventional bananas right next to each other with significant price difference. I can't decide if organic bananas are worth it, particularly since pesticides are likely mostly on the outside of the peel, and are thus not consumed. Please discuss.

I get the biggest ones i can find, organic, because price difference is negligible between organic and conventional. I let them ripen, peel and cut them into pieces, then freeze. And then enjoy whenever, breakfast oatmeal toppings, snack.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

Yeah, but grosser than a marshmellow. And the worst artificial banana flavor you could imagine.

OOH banana runts were my favorite!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Banana Laffy Taffy will never be turned down by me🍌

Umm........... I m not advocating this, but I’m pretty sure there may have been times,(probably more than once) pre MFP, that I had 1500 calories from sugary foods, problem was, I had a lot of calories from other foods in the day as well 😳 (embarrassing)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

Those things are possibly the most disgusting food ever.
    Signed, someone who happily eats liver, lima beans, and okra.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

Banana pudding (from mix).
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Circus peanuts?

Love em. Stale or fresh. Only in original orange.