Is there anything that really helps with wrinkles?

Options
2»

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I like the Rodan line too; but I find the price tag a little ridiculous. Does it work, yeah but 100$ for .5 oz of product is outrageous. I manage well with a few retinols, hyaluronic acid moisturizers and of course no tanning or smoking. Im looking forward to botox soon.

Do you mind me asking what you’re using? I’m spending an upward amount of $400 on my products and I really don’t want to keep doing that.

I like the Neutrogena brand. I have a couple Revolution Skincare and The Ordinary Skincare serums. Im milking my Rodan & Fields Hydration Serum and eye cream because its so expensive. I also have an RX retinol from my dermatologist. She highly recommends Cerave cleaners and really like those. Derma E has great products as well. And I use Differin for acne.

I also recommend Rodial products but again you get back into the 100$ per .75 oz range. Mario Badescu has really good products for a good price too. I like their vitamin C serums.

Do I still have lines? Yes but Im also 46 and have earned a few and I tend to squint my eyes and forehead when talking. I would say that they are not nearly as bad as they before I started using these products.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Retin-A (prescription)

Vitamin C

Antioxidant rich foods

Sunscreen
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I like the Rodan line too; but I find the price tag a little ridiculous. Does it work, yeah but 100$ for .5 oz of product is outrageous. I manage well with a few retinols, hyaluronic acid moisturizers and of course no tanning or smoking. Im looking forward to botox soon.

Do you mind me asking what you’re using? I’m spending an upward amount of $400 on my products and I really don’t want to keep doing that.

I like the Neutrogena brand. I have a couple Revolution Skincare and The Ordinary Skincare serums. Im milking my Rodan & Fields Hydration Serum and eye cream because its so expensive. I also have an RX retinol from my dermatologist. She highly recommends Cerave cleaners and really like those. Derma E has great products as well. And I use Differin for acne.

I also recommend Rodial products but again you get back into the 100$ per .75 oz range. Mario Badescu has really good products for a good price too. I like their vitamin C serums.

Do I still have lines? Yes but Im also 46 and have earned a few and I tend to squint my eyes and forehead when talking. I would say that they are not nearly as bad as they before I started using these products.

Thanks so much!
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I do use tazorac cream which is a prescription retinoid cream. .I guess I will keep using it. I don't use it every day but want something else to try on other days. What about oils. I.e. olive, vitamin e, etc.?
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    I do use pumpkin seed oil in winter as a moisturizer when its super dry. Trick to oils is to apply them to a damp face. You will also have to use a microscrub when using oils as they will clog your pores. Vitamin C serums, glycolic acid toners & masks, and hyaluronic acid moisturizers are good for brightening and evening skin tone.

Remember that serums work best on skin clean when applied at night. That gives them time to really soak into the skin and do their job.
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I looove my skincare, my bathroom sometimes resmbles a science lab, but the one time I really noticed result was when I had botox done 3 months ago. I will 100% go for a top up next month.
    Other than that: SPF no matter what time of year or how grey and dull it is out there, tretinoin (retin-A) and lots and lots of hydration.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options

Check Poshmark for Rodan+Fields stuff - I have a distributorship with R+F and can generally find what I want on Poshmark much cheaper. It's all brand new & unopened. I live in the freakin desert and cannot live without their Hydration Serum.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

Check Poshmark for Rodan+Fields stuff - I have a distributorship with R+F and can generally find what I want on Poshmark much cheaper. It's all brand new & unopened. I live in the freakin desert and cannot live without their Hydration Serum.

I absolutely cannot find a dupe for the Hydration Serum. At112$ a bottle though... I'm trying lol. I will look into Poshmark.
  • nuzziek
    nuzziek Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Retinol creams and hydraulic acid! I also love Shisheido eye cream. I agree that it's important to stay out of the sun and stay hydrated. Makes a huge difference.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not getting old...😏
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I worked with a surgeon who did botox and derma fillers which are all temporary fixes. Botox is Botulinum toxin and is absorbed by the body in about 3 months and needs top ups. As we age collagen is lost and skin looses it's 'plumpness'. We can stay out of the sun, hydrate and moisturise which may help but we cannot turn back the age clock (unfortunately). 😔
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    Don't think anyone is trying to turn back the hands of time. Maybe just slow them down; which is totally achievable.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    An iron. :laugh:
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Prevention is key.

A lot of aging is genetics.

I hope to age as well as J. Lo and Halle Berry have. ❤️