Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    o0v8wec44cfm.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    o0v8wec44cfm.jpeg

God, I love those little two bite temptresses.
  • pancakerunner
    glassyo wrote: »
    o0v8wec44cfm.jpeg

God, I love those little two bite temptresses.

only one way to eat 'em. Frosting first, them cake.
  • pancakerunner
    mch522f76087.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,549 Member
    There was a bakery down the street by the convenience store and instead of buying gum and candy I used to buy cream horns and hide them in my closet so I wouldn't have to share. Between rice crispy treats, hot buttered O's, and these it's amazing I didn't have a weight problem until I was an adult! I was so sad when the bakery closed.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Fresh quick pickled Achar ... Raw or half ripe mangoes or pawpaw.

8d47bei3jx4m.png
  • 777Gemma888
    Pacific island chestnuts.

fzn53lls5kk6.png
  • 777Gemma888
    My sister and I were always tasked to dehusk swampland asparagus. We would munch on these babies as we worked through the bundles prior to either or both of our parents cooking it. We preferred ours raw, much to our parents dismay. ROFL.
    fbimzmfe80n9.png
  • pancakerunner
    Pacific island chestnuts.

fzn53lls5kk6.png

what even
  • pancakerunner
    edited October 2019
  • 777Gemma888
    Missing Dipawali celebrations in the islands this weekend. Invitations are flowing in from our friends and family friends to have our mum attend in our stead or for our family. It used to be easy to send Diwali treats abroad like they'd done before ... Not anymore and Dipawali in the US SUCKS!! 😥

Nothing beats large claypot fireworks tended to by the fathers and big brothers (we all perceived ourselves as siblings as our parents friendships were moreso one of kinship than mere friendship). Fireworks wars or the official kite flying battles the day before between homes hoping to kadem neighbours' kites to crown the neighbourhood best flyer. Ahhhhhh! ... Watching all the homes lit up like Christmas and how each family preserves and observes their customs.

* Vegan curries
    * Assorted Indian flatbread both fried or on the tawa griddles.
    * MILK BARFI my absolute favourite.
    * Gulab jamun, Pacific Indian diaspora style ... Little bullets of delicious sugary milky goodness.
    * Mangoes
    * Mango lassi
  • pancakerunner
    npuvbwle3gf2.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    npuvbwle3gf2.jpg

I don't remember the cup art but the top and product, yep! I got this only 1-2 times from the ice cream truck but loved it.
  • pancakerunner
    npuvbwle3gf2.jpg

I don't remember the cup art but the top and product, yep! I got this only 1-2 times from the ice cream truck but loved it.

d99u99l726qy.png

@seltzermint555
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Posted on the if it didn’t have calories but these also belong here lol yevtb3ph6wdn.jpeg
    4dj4g9g0yojt.jpeg

• pancakerunner
    Posted on the if it didn’t have calories but these also belong here lol yevtb3ph6wdn.jpeg
    4dj4g9g0yojt.jpeg

definitely. oh man... see my response on the other thread... haha. SO MANY MEMORIES. I used to dip them in cold milk... let them get realllllllllll soft. Yumm
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    npuvbwle3gf2.jpg

d99u99l726qy.png

@seltzermint555

Did you know they still make/sell these? My mom loves them! They're the perfect portion for her. haha
  • pancakerunner
    npuvbwle3gf2.jpg

d99u99l726qy.png

@seltzermint555

Did you know they still make/sell these? My mom loves them! They're the perfect portion for her. haha

Yes! I'm always tempted when i see them at the store haha
  • 777Gemma888
    My 10 year old memories in NZ and chunky chocolate chip cookies revolved around these cookies which were almost as large as a 10 year olds head. They were cookies often sold as fundraiser cookies often hawked by some school team or choir or orchestra thinking to raise funds for something. I would buy out boxes of these and resell them in the boarding house with hot cocoa (extra charge) on Saturday nights. ROFL ... No matter the private school environment, my grandparents government projects neighborhood hustle was still cocooning inside me. Their cravings, my $$$.

flp6vajsk68d.png