What do you put in your coffee?

Options

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of French Vanilla Coffeemate and so is the Mrs. We buy the giant jug and usually have a backup in the fridge so we never run out. An ancillary benefit of weighing everything is getting a consistent ratio all the time. Depending on the mug I've figured out how much to use, works out to about a 15% creamer solution for my preferences.
  • lrsirius
    lrsirius Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nothing. A lot of cream and a heaping one sugar used to be my go to, but I drink a lot of coffee and realized that was a fair bit of non-nutritional calories in a day. Last year I challenged myself to go commando with my coffee. One gorgeous brisk December day I stood outside enjoying the sunrise with a cup of black coffee gently sending up spirals of steam, I told myself to think of it as a different drink, like trying a new food. Surprisingly, I actually enjoyed it and I haven’t added cream or sugar since. I broke free! Unchained from the tyranny of the half and half container at last.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    an extra shot
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    THE TEARS OF MY ENEMIES!
    no, almond milk
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    We have a small collection of sugar-free syrups at home, so I'll have a pump of whatever flavour I'm feeling that day. If I have a cup of coffee at work I'll just add a packet of Splenda.
  • Rita7Denise
    Rita7Denise Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have heard of folks adding coconut oil (teaspoon) to their coffee. yuck! I was using skim milk, but am now using 1%
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    What do I put in my coffee?? All my hopes and dreams that every morning the first sip will be bliss, it will be perfectly hot and comforting, I will feel the sleepy haze slowly falling from my brain, and by the second cup I will be sufficiently motivated, satisfied and zippy to go down to the basement and get on the treadmill....not too much pressure on a bunch of beans....LOL

Thanks for such a delightful answer.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I use NutPods. It only took about two cups to get used to the flavor.
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use to put a splash of DF milk in my coffee but now I just love the flavored stuff so much I buy it all the time. I now use fat free vanilla coffeemate. I don't eat a lot of processed foods and definitely don't eat a lot of sweets so I don't feel guilty about it
  • braves3134
    braves3134 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I used to be an "EXTRA cream EXTRA sugar" person until I realized just how many calories it cost me. Thats when I switched to black. It takes a little while to get used to it but its weird. Now, black coffee almost tastes "sweet" like my extra cream and sugar coffee did. And I HATED black coffee for years. It might not be for everyone but worth giving a try if nothing else works
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    What do I put in my coffee? 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of whole milk
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i use my creamer (store brand of coffeemate)- the same amount i always do. it is a non negotiable calorie for me. its the first thing i log every day. i dont use quite as much as the log indicates, but it covers me if i have a some in the afternoon (not very often) and buffers random calories or miscalculations, otherwise.
  • wendyheath32
    wendyheath32 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just drink black coffee. I'm not into overly sweet or milky coffees. Though the occasional oat or soya latte every now and again when I'm feeling it
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    dodea48 wrote: »
    BTW Almond Milk is the most expensive water in the store. An 8 ounce glass of almond milk contains about 3 almonds, water and food coloring with perhaps one gram of protein, 8 ounces of skim milk has 8 grams of protein.

Put almonds in your grinder or food processor, you will not get milk

I could, but its soo much easier to let Silk do it for me! Lol
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Actually, you do grind up almonds lin your blender or food processor to make almond milk. I’ve made my own, but it’s expensive, and a waste of almonds. Unless you make the solids into almond flour by drying it out.

The dairy industry has been trying for years to ban plant based products from being called milk.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Actually, you do grind up almonds lin your blender or food processor to make almond milk. I’ve made my own, but it’s expensive, and a waste of almonds. Unless you make the solids into almond flour by drying it out.

The dairy industry has been trying for years to ban plant based products from being called milk.

You can make cashew milk using the whole almonds. I make that at home and prefer it because it doesn't waste the cashews and you get the full benefit of the nutrition from the nuts.

https://cookieandkate.com/cashew-milk-recipe/

I agree that the store-bought filtered kind (or even the homemade filtered kind, which includes more almond and thus would be higher cal than the storebought kind) is wasteful of almonds unless you use them for something else and basically flavored water.

Worth noting that almond milk was a staple in the Middle Ages (and called almond milk then), so I have 0 problem with the name.

This includes a traditional recipe for those who have not made it at home and seem skeptical about the idea. Of course we can now use a food processor or blender, as you mention, instead of the mortar and pestle: https://historydollop.com/2016/11/09/almond-milk-the-medieval-way/
  • SarahAnne3958
    SarahAnne3958 Posts: 78 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    What do I put in my coffee?? All my hopes and dreams that every morning the first sip will be bliss, it will be perfectly hot and comforting, I will feel the sleepy haze slowly falling from my brain, and by the second cup I will be sufficiently motivated, satisfied and zippy to go down to the basement and get on the treadmill....not too much pressure on a bunch of beans....LOL

This needs to be put on a t-shirt :#

Op, I put HWC, pink salt and then a bit of Splenda in my coffee. I also use flavored beans that I buy from a couple of local companies.