Should I bulk or cut?

Hello, I've been on a slow cut for the past 3 months, I weigh around 75.5KG now, should I keep on cutting or bulk?

Pics:
https://m.imgur.com/a/a2oH3lH
https://imgur.com/a/qEDxZ2U

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    What is your ultimate goal?
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    You're roughly 17-20% body fat. Some recommend cutting to ~10% before bulking.

The issue with further cutting is you may end up "skinny fat". Essentially, you need something to cut to (e.g. underlying muscle).

I'd recommend beginning a progressive lifting program for at least a month and eating at maintenance, then re-evaluating.
  • What is your ultimate goal?

Generally, to get big and with definition. I'm still cutting until I reach a stage where I can safely bulk. I've tried bulking back when I weighed 73 KGs but I didn't see much success with it and my lifts didn't go up.

I switched to Stronglifts 5x5 when I started cutting and now I'm here.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Are you lifting consistently?
  • Are you lifting consistently?

Yes, I never miss my lifting sessions. I used to lift 5x days a week but I've toned it down to 4 since I started following 5x5. Here's my program:

-Workout A:
    Squat 5x5 (35KG) (40) (45)
    Bench Press 5x5 (30KG) (35)
    Barbell Row 5x5 (20KG) (25)
    Pullup 3x10

-Workout B:
    Squat 5x5
    Overhead Press 5x5 (20KG) (25)
    Deadlift 1x5 (65KG) (70)
    Chinups 3x10

-Workout C:
    Tricep Dips 3x10
    Standing Calf Raise (50 KG) (60) 3 sets
    Donkey Calf Raise (>30reps) 3 sets
    Smith Machine Shrugs (50KG) 3 sets
    Dumbbell Shrugs (22.5KG) 3 sets
    Captains Chair Leg Raises 3x10

I usually go Workout A, Rest, B, C, A and alternate between A and B the next week.
  • rdl619
    rdl619 Posts: 14 Member
    I'd get you're macros in check and start eating 5000 above maintenance.. Do a lean bulk tho 😊
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    ...to get big...
    How tall are you? "Big" is generally >90kg which you won't get to in a cut. I don't know anyone with reasonable height who weighs 75kg that would be considered "big".

...with definition...
    Which means building muscle mass then cutting fat. You won't build significant muscle mass in a cut.

So eat and train hard get really strong on the main barbell lifts (hint 45kg squats are not strong 200kg squats are) which will build your muscle mass.

https://www.andybaker.com/building-a-simple-diet-for-mass/

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    I used to lift 5x days a week but I've toned it down to 4 since I started following 5x5. Here's my program:

I usually go Workout A, Rest, B, C, A and alternate between A and B the next week.
    drop c and alternate a and b three times a week. Your body needs rest if you want it to grow...

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    rdl619 wrote: »
    I'd get you're macros in check and start eating 5000 above maintenance.. Do a lean bulk tho 😊

Not sure if serious?
  • rdl619
    rdl619 Posts: 14 Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    rdl619 wrote: »

Not sure if serious?

Sorry pal late night shift.. i ment to say 200-500 calories above maintenance
  • Hi, I'm skinnyfat, weight 70kg and I'm 5ft 9 in height. My goal is to build curves and a have a smaller waist aka build muscle while loosing fat. So should I bulk or cut? (Or body recomposition?) helpppp😭
  • Hi it’s hard to know without seeing pictures. You are half an inch taller than me and I’m 62 kg. I’m aiming to lose another 3 kg before bulking. But you may have a different frame.