Lies, Lies, Lies

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I had one friend who used to wear some crazy hairstyles and outfits. When we were younger I stretched the truth telling her she looked nice when she didn’t.

Other than that, I don’t lie.

I believe you

I can never tell if you are sarcastic or serious. 😋

I know! I hate that!

I think I just say things and they sound so ridiculous that people think I’m joking. I get away with a lot that way.

Now I think of it, that’s what everyone on MFP does - I’m joking if you are.

I was serious about believing you.

Though it is just exactly what a liar would say. hmmmmmm.

I think I would do better IRL. Tone is hard to gauge here, and I can be overly literal and a tad naive.

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    When I was about 8 I opened a package of chocolates I saw in the kitchen. My mom got mad and asked "WHO OPENED THIS BOX OF CHOCOLATES?" Apparently they were supposed to be a Christmas present for someone. I said "I don't remember, maybe I did it when I was asleep." She said something like "I think somebody knows who opened the chocolates", and then dropped it.

I felt so bad, every time I've consider lying since, I remember this.

I had a similar experience. I forgot to do my homework in grade 4 and the teacher went through to class and got us to read our answers out loud. She got to me and I stammered and blushed and said I couldn't read my handwriting. She said, "You didn't do it, did you?"
    No ma'am.
    Shame. Shame. Shame
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    "Don't worry. I'll tell you before."
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    My face, when I'm lying, has a look on it. That says "Im lying to you right now". So I kinda gave up lying. I just tell the truth even if it sometimes has the potential to cause me issues. I don't care cos it's the truth and I haven't got the energy to lie. But, of course I have told lies.

I have lied, once I think to work. Pretended I was ill. I was hungover. But I knew I could deafeat my giveaway face the next day, cos I did have a bit of a cough and I looked like *kitten*. Ok. This may have happened twice.

Iv never really been 'caught' in a lie just cos it's not something Iv done a lot.

A work mate asked me to answer some personal questions about her character. I didn't lie perse, I was economical with the truth, but it was like walking a minefield. I just filtered my answers 😂 ok. Lied. But didn't exactly blow smoke up her *kitten*.

Another 'lie' is how me and my bf met. We met online dating. But we have never told his family that, or his friends. I dunno. We both just kinda felt sensitive about it. Luckily, and strangely they have never asked. Now we have been together so long, I guess they will never ask. But I better come up with some 'we met at the fruit and veg isle in the supermarket, our eyes met over the isles, between the gauva and avocados'.....

Told lies to my dad without issue as a teen! Especially once I was old enough to date boys. Ok. The guy I was meeting might have been 28 and I was 16, so ya. My dad thought I was out for drinks with the 'girl's'. He knew, he knew. I took 5 hours to get ready. He knew.

One lie I am ashamed of. Probably always will be. My relationship with my mum had been broken down. She was acting all kinds of crazy. I left home around that time and some time later, was finally in my own flat (my first flat). My bf knew about how she had been acting towards me and was naturally protective. One night, without warning, we were lying in bed, all the lights out just kinda chatting. It was like 3 am. My buzzer starts ringing. And ringing. And ringing. Then my phone lights up. It was my mum. She called and called. I knew she was outside and wanted to come in, her lifestyle was a bit chaotic so it wasn't out of character for her to be up at 3am. I went to get up and let her in. Of course. It's my mum and I knew she had driven for hours as she lived a distance away. But my bf stopped me. He said she had no right to be turning up like that. I knew the lights were all out so I hoped and preyed she would assume I was asleep, or not at home. I lay in bed and the guilt washed over me. I pictured her having to drive all the way home. Alone. Upset. Feeling like crap. I told her I was sorry, and that I had been to my bf house that night I think she knew I had lied on that text message.

She passed away not long after that and I always think that would have been the last time I saw her and I just lay there while she buzzed the buzzer and she had to go and be alone.

That last one. I have one similar. I can’t really talk about it yet. 💔

But I love the phrase “economical with the truth.”
  • SwannySez
    "Oh, I must have missed! But, I mean as long as I did..."
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    This one is kinda funny, because it didn't even make sense. Damn I felt embarrassed when I thought about it as I lay in bed for an extra hour, and then had to show my lying face at work.

rjk5xoa23mj8.jpg
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    People on here have told me I’m “stunning” and “hot”. But then I went to the gas station and said I don’t have to pay for this candy bar, I’m stunning. And the dude said...no, I don’t think so. Lies!!!!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    SwannySez wrote: »

This is a no no! You know this!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    omg it’s like you are going through my entire list of don’ts
  • SwannySez

This is a no no! You know this!

giphy.gif
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    I lied about being a people person and a team player to get hired.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Oooh my best lie, and one I'm most proud of, is convincing other people I'm a bad liar.

you. are. the. devil. 😈
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    I was texting this guy I met at a club years ago and he invited himself out on a girls night. I was too much of a puss to tell him not to come so he came. I texted one of my friends, "Ugh, *Guy's Name* is soooooo annoying!!!" and I accidentally texted him... so I did what any normal 24 year old would do and sent him another text like, "Oops! I meant AHZAR (one of my friends I was out with) is soooo annoying! What a dumb *kitten*, etc etc" then made a quick exit before he could check his phone LMAO! I felt soooo mean. Obviously he didn't believe me LOL.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    This one is kinda funny, because it didn't even make sense. Damn I felt embarrassed when I thought about it as I lay in bed for an extra hour, and then had to show my lying face at work.

rjk5xoa23mj8.jpg

😂😂😂😂
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    In most interviews I’ve had where they say “tell me about a time when you did ....” in most cases I Create a story or fabricate a lesser experience to sound better .. not sure how it’s perceived but I like my current gig so...
  • SwannySez
    omg it’s like you are going through my entire list of don’ts

DOH4.gif
  • SwannySez
    "Oh, I don't even LIKE doing that, but I heard that some women really enjoy it so, this is really about you."
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited September 2019
    yelliezx wrote: »
    I was texting this guy I met at a club years ago and he invited himself out on a girls night. I was too much of a puss to tell him not to come so he came. I texted one of my friends, "Ugh, *Guy's Name* is soooooo annoying!!!" and I accidentally texted him... so I did what any normal 24 year old would do and sent him another text like, "Oops! I meant AHZAR (one of my friends I was out with) is soooo annoying! What a dumb *kitten*, etc etc" then made a quick exit before he could check his phone LMAO! I felt soooo mean. Obviously he didn't believe me LOL.

embarrassing!

I met a guy in a club once back when that was a thing and we dated a little bit. One day he asked if I was going to be at the club that night and I said no, that I was going to have an early bedtime.

Well, after a good nap my roommate and I decided to hit the club. I wasn’t worried about running into the guy because he lived in New Jersey. Surely he’d stay closer to home.

In my defense this was before cell phones. I probably could have beeped his pager though.

ETA: in case it wasn’t clear, yes he was at the club
  • your_future_ex_wife
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I lied about being a people person and a team player to get hired.

It’s like they purposely set you up to lie.