Made my daughter's birthday cake

Options
Without frosting or filling, MFP says it's 5036 calories for the cake. The frosting she wants is 1700 calories a can. The filling I'm going to make is 814 calories if I use it all. So 7550 for the cake. Glad I've banked a ton of calories this week with excessive exercise.

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    But, you're not going to eat the whole cake yourself right? How many calories in the portion you are going to eat?
    It's a little concerning that you feel you have to do "excessive" exercise for a week to make up for a piece of cake.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    The kid's gonna have one piece. The op will have the rest.

At least that's how it would go with me. :)
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Y'all need to make some friends to share that cake with. I'll be right over... :D
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    This is why cupcakes were invented. 🎂
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    This is why cupcakes were invented. 🎂

I miss my town's cupcake shop. They made some pretty awesome cupcakes in all kinds, and it was just like getting a mini cake.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    the cake is for your kid, right? not you.

anyways, i make myself a birthday cake every year and im a helluva baker. i plan for a few pieces. my hubby and kid eat the rest. take some to my friend if any left over from that. you dont need 'excessive' exercise to have a piece of cake. a few days a year (birthdays, holidays/etc) wont ruin your progress.

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Mmm....cake
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    hmhill17 wrote: »
    Without frosting or filling, MFP says it's 5036 calories for the cake. The frosting she wants is 1700 calories a can. The filling I'm going to make is 814 calories if I use it all. So 7550 for the cake. Glad I've banked a ton of calories this week with excessive exercise.

Don't tease us like that! Details - what kind of cake?

Is it a sheet cake, or a typical 12-16 slice round cake?

Banking calories for birthday cake is a very useful life skill <nods> :blush:
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Don't tease us like that! Details - what kind of cake?

Is it a sheet cake, or a typical 12-16 slice round cake?

Banking calories for birthday cake is a very useful life skill <nods> :blush:

I think you meant...picture!!

Picture is better than description...😆
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,599 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    The kid's gonna have one piece. The op will have the rest.

At least that's how it would go with me. :)

If I had children, this is how it would go with me too. Since I don't have children, I get an extra slice.

I'm kidless too and THAT'S A VERY GOOD POINT!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Or you could just enjoy it and not count it! :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options

Treason! Off with your head! 😁
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

LyndaBSS wrote: »

Treason! Off with your head! 😁

i dont log on my birthday or holidays (xmas and thanksgiving) LOL

nope nope nope.

i sure as heck will enjoy alllll of it though! LOL
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

If you cut it into 12 slices, that’s about 630 calories per slice. Far from ruining your week!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Key phrase ‘daughter’s birthday cake’

It’s her birthday, her cake. Make what she wants, if it doesn’t fit your goals, tough luck!

Don’t underestimate the impact of your relationship with food on your children. I’m speaking from experience here. Her birthday cake is not about you. 😉
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you're the one cutting the cake, just cut yourself a smaller piece and enjoy. I'm sure it turned out great and you have burned some extra calories running around cooking and making all the preparations. Have fun!