Fantastic cookbooks for those on whole foods plant-based way of eating

cookiemom88
cookiemom88 Posts: 2 Member
About 3 months ago I started eating a plant-based whole foods diet and love it. After reading "How Not To Die" and totally buying into Dr. Greger's prescribed way of eating, I not only purchased his "How Not To Die" cookbook, but also the 2 out there of Angela Liddon. Ms. Liddon's recipes are absolutely divine, whether you are eating my way or not. When her next cookbook comes out (whenever that is), I will be one of her first customers!!!

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Ooh interesting! I’m definitely going to have to check those out.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I've never heard of her but will check out some recipes. Thanks. 🙂
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Engine 2 Diet Cookbook is another good WFPB cookbook. They have their own line of products sold at Whole Foods that are quite good. It's more along the lines of nutrient dense, heart healthy recipes.
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    My fave dog-eared cookbook is Love Real Food by Kathryne Taylor. She also has an excellent blog called cookieandkate.com It's vegetarian, not vegan like Dr. Greger, but she always provides vegan and dairy-free options.
  • megaperson1015
    megaperson1015 Posts: 4 Member
    Are these books or any that you might know of friendly to allergy prone people? Free of soy and legumes is what I need! Thanks for the recommend, I will check these books.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Lightbulb moment 💡

I’ve just gone and checked out Ms Liddon to discover she’s the name behind ‘oh she glows’. Not sure why I didn’t make the connection until now! I’ve used so many of her recipes from Pinterest. They’re always fantastic 😊
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Honestly, I haven't seen many cookbooks that aren't aren't primarily based in using whole foods. I don't think that this is intentional in the same way that making focaccia vegan (or "plant based" if you will) isn't typically intentional. I realize that cookbooks that call for highly processed ingredients exist, but I think they are like a minority in the cookbook genre.