Lean Thick

Options
Hi, I have a goal of shredding my waist but building my booty and thighs, I want to be “lean thick” if that is even a thing or understood....Do anyone have any suggestions on eating and workouts routines.

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    You're best to hire someone, either online or a personal trainer. Remember when hiring someone you have the right to interview them and ask them for references even. They should sit down with you go over your goals and devise a nutrition plan and workout routine that align with your goals.

I always suggest hiring someone cause
    1- you typically follow what's being said as you're paying for it
    2- on here you get allot of opinions from someone in HR who's not a nutritionist or personal trainer.

Best of luck!
  • DiscipleOfChrist29
    Options
    All you have to do is look up all the weightlifting workout that work the muscles you want to grow. For example:

Squats
    Floor thrusts
    Lunges
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press

There are others but those will be your staple. Like @FritzPhilemon said. It's all about the weights and getting stronger bigger muscles.
  • Bgreen2019
    Bgreen2019 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I followed strong curves for a while..then moved to a different program and have now perfected my own. I did a cut/bulk/maintain/cut cycle haha but I am slowly getting there....I also used an app “eat to perform” to make sure my diet was on point. Progressive lifting is also a must...one more rep, set, add weight...whatever - keep building.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is look up all the weightlifting workout that work the muscles you want to grow. For example:

Squats
    Floor thrusts
    Lunges
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press

There are others but those will be your staple. Like @FritzPhilemon said. It's all about the weights and getting stronger bigger muscles.

If you want a butt you can't beat hip thrusts. Check out videos by Bret Contreras if you want to know how to do them right and maximize your glute gains.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Most of this is going to depend on genetics and will take years of solid training. Best thing is to get on a program with a lot of lower body work. Something like StrongCurves or Stephanie Buttermore's women's program should be a place to turn.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1