Updating original posts

Hi everyone, I have joined a group where we update each week with our weight loss but I dont know how to edit my original post with my weekly updates, can you please help anyone?? - Thank you :smiley:

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Unfortunately, you can’t. There’s an hour window that’s open for editing, but after that, you can’t edit a post.

I think what people often do in the situation you describe is to quote their own post and add the new info on the end. Clumsy, I know, but it’s about the only way to manage it.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Another option is to copy and paste your original post into a program like Word or Notes. Edit it in there and then copy it to post an update. That prevents you from having to find your previous post (a hassle on the app).
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Unfortunately, you can’t. There’s an hour window that’s open for editing, but after that, you can’t edit a post.

I think what people often do in the situation you describe is to quote their own post and add the new info on the end. Clumsy, I know, but it’s about the only way to manage it.

I'm on the app. The above post describes how I do it.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    boldknee wrote: »
    Another option is to copy and paste your original post into a program like Word or Notes. Edit it in there and then copy it to post an update. That prevents you from having to find your previous post (a hassle on the app).

I do a straight copy/paste without bothering with another program. Literally highlight last post, copy, go to comment box, paste, add new entry, post.