Spooky/Creepy Images

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    red rooms... i don't want to search for any pics. Supposedly an urban legend, but probably real in this damn world

I just learned about these and yes, they are an actual thing. Highly illegal, which is why they operate on the deep web and why you pay in bitcoin to access them. You can pay for almost anything, it seems.
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    wljj3dq15u96.png
    I was so scared of this mofo when I was little. His image always alarms me a bit.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    RaggedOrganicFlycatcher-size_restricted.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    edited September 2019
    Options
    The Fresno Nightcrawler
    19k11smbn8ca.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    6kby6l06slo1.gif
  • iMago
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

U ever listen to Number Stations?

https://youtu.be/GUQUD3IMbb4

They are still broadcasting. It’s like communications between spies or something. It’s just random numbers to us.
    what are the goals behind them? does anyone have any idea?

its a relatively cheap and easy way for agents in the field to have data communicated to them. you don't need to bother with having a phone or computer that can be hacked you don't have to worry about someone reading your emails or going to a pickup location for a letter or package containing hidden instructions.

if they have the cipher key memorized, all they have to do is tune the radio to the right location then start writing down the numbers until they repeat, then apply the key to it and they'll have their next instructions
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    red rooms... i don't want to search for any pics. Supposedly an urban legend, but probably real in this damn world

I just learned about these and yes, they are an actual thing. Highly illegal, which is why they operate on the deep web and why you pay in bitcoin to access them. You can pay for almost anything, it seems.

What is it?
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    yr7l2dpn644g.jpg

I've liked this one a bit.
  • iMago
    Options
    fwubughddnps.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

What is it?

Without going into too much detail because I don't want to be banned, they are "spaces" online in the deep web where one can pay (in bitcoin, of course) to watch and potentially request pretty horrific (and quite illegal) things (rape, incest, snuff, brutality, etc.). Some of them even include chatrooms where you can pay for specific requests you might have and talk to other like-minded individuals. A lot of them require anywhere from $60 USD to $1500 USD to access (in bitcoin). Obviously, to access it without triggering anything, you'd have to use an onion type browser (like Tor) and preferably a program like Tails to cover your tracks.

So, not exactly anything you can just stumble upon. You really have to know what you're looking for and find the websites via word of mouth or on noted lists because they are pretty secretive and as noted, kinda expensive.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options

What is it?

Without going into too much detail because I don't want to be banned, they are "spaces" online in the deep web where one can pay (in bitcoin, of course) to watch and potentially request pretty horrific (and quite illegal) things (rape, incest, snuff, brutality, etc.). Some of them even include chatrooms where you can pay for specific requests you might have and talk to other like-minded individuals. A lot of them require anywhere from $60 USD to $1500 USD to access (in bitcoin). Obviously, to access it without triggering anything, you'd have to use an onion type browser (like Tor) and preferably a program like Tails to cover your tracks.

So, not exactly anything you can just stumble upon. You really have to know what you're looking for and find the websites via word of mouth or on noted lists because they are pretty secretive and as noted, kinda expensive.

😯
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

What is it?

😯

I know. The internet is a weird and wild place. Of course people would find it to engage in lots of illegal things.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    scznqhya12dh.gif
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    scznqhya12dh.gif

Why did I come here right before bed?? 😭

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    d2a49ae4107ca6f270e248839e2d6b8b.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    d2a49ae4107ca6f270e248839e2d6b8b.gif

Is it weird that my favorite of the series is actually the third one with the Dream Warriors?
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options

U ever listen to Number Stations?

https://youtu.be/GUQUD3IMbb4

They are still broadcasting. It’s like communications between spies or something. It’s just random numbers to us.
    what are the goals behind them? does anyone have any idea?

its a relatively cheap and easy way for agents in the field to have data communicated to them. you don't need to bother with having a phone or computer that can be hacked you don't have to worry about someone reading your emails or going to a pickup location for a letter or package containing hidden instructions.

if they have the cipher key memorized, all they have to do is tune the radio to the right location then start writing down the numbers until they repeat, then apply the key to it and they'll have their next instructions

They are actually using an encryption method known as a "One-Time Pad". As long as the key is truly random and used only once, it cannot be cracked. The name was because the key is distributed as a pad of paper, and as it is used the sheets are torn off and destroyed.

But yes, number stations are a secure way to get messages to agents in the field with a minimum of equipment, just an ordinary radio that is unlikely to raise suspicion.