Spooky/Creepy Images

Options

Replies

• InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    izkk4cckz01k.jpg

The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    It's beautiful but known as America's most haunted hotel. In its history it has been a hospital and a girl's boarding school. They give ghost tours and the history of the place is fascinating!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

U ever listen to Number Stations?

https://youtu.be/GUQUD3IMbb4

They are still broadcasting. It’s like communications between spies or something. It’s just random numbers to us.

I have gone down a significant rabbit hole on the inter-webs with number stations. There are whole communities dedicated to scanning short wave radio to find them and when they do it's like Christmas morning. It's stupid fun and really creepy all at the same time. I LOVE IT.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    mmultanen wrote: »

U ever listen to Number Stations?

https://youtu.be/GUQUD3IMbb4

They are still broadcasting. It’s like communications between spies or something. It’s just random numbers to us.

I have gone down a significant rabbit hole on the inter-webs with number stations. There are whole communities dedicated to scanning short wave radio to find them and when they do it's like Christmas morning. It's stupid fun and really creepy all at the same time. I LOVE IT.
    I don't know what's so thrilling about it if we don't know the message that they're encoding

I don't either but the people in the chats get really excited. lol it's fun.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    not supernatural creepy at all but these ribbon worms are kinda alien/creepy and unsettling i think
    OJhsA2R.gif

"But what sets ribbon worms apart from all other worms is their namesake proboscis. This feeding appendage is held in a sheath or sac above a ribbon worm’s gut. When prey is detected, muscles rapidly contract and force fluid into the sheath, which turns the proboscis inside-out and forces it through the proboscis pore at the head of the worm. It wraps around prey and is then drawn in for a meal. In some species the proboscis can extend out 30 times the length the worm.

Me no like

giphy.gif
  • iMago
    Options
    not supernatural creepy at all but these ribbon worms are kinda alien/creepy and unsettling i think
    OJhsA2R.gif

"But what sets ribbon worms apart from all other worms is their namesake proboscis. This feeding appendage is held in a sheath or sac above a ribbon worm’s gut. When prey is detected, muscles rapidly contract and force fluid into the sheath, which turns the proboscis inside-out and forces it through the proboscis pore at the head of the worm. It wraps around prey and is then drawn in for a meal. In some species the proboscis can extend out 30 times the length the worm.

what the *kitten*

seriously right? every time i see these little videos of them it reminds me of like, the Thing trying to attach and assimilate someone
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    izkk4cckz01k.jpg

The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    It's beautiful but known as America's most haunted hotel. In its history it has been a hospital and a girl's boarding school. They give ghost tours and the history of the place is fascinating!

I've been here!! I used to live about 45 minutes away from it. They also have awesome tours on Halloween and you can pay to stay in a haunted room. :p
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    OJhsA2R.gif

That's really cool, creepy but cool too.
    I wonder if that's what the tv show "The Strain" based their vampires tongue anatomy off of?

hn7ll4kycwfg.gif
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    wi21ws0nfm7q.jpeg

man i love guillermo del toro <3

i heard this interview with him where he said he loved to draw as a kid and would draw all these wonderful creatures he conjured up in his mind, like crazy beasts and monsters, and his grandmother used to throw holy water on him and pray while he was drawing

Epic, a true legend.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    g2la3bzurcry.jpg
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    OJhsA2R.gif

That's really cool, creepy but cool too.
    I wonder if that's what the tv show "The Strain" based their vampires tongue anatomy off of?

hn7ll4kycwfg.gif

so I guess that's what it's like to date someone you met on POF

😂accurate
  • iMago
    Options
    vo84e8lvn6xc.gif
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    yphe1icn694c.jpg
  • JetJaguar