What should I eat for breakfast to feel full until lunch?

Suggestions

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Steel cut oats with berries and toasted nuts.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    A little information would be helpful. What are you eating now that is not working?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I feel most full if I eat an egg on 1/2 English muffin with a teaspoon of butter and a 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt. Protein, carbs, and fat combined.
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    There are a million recipes for overnight oats. That gives you variety. My current batch is oats, greek yoghurt, almond milk, chia, honey, almond butter, cocoa powder.

I make egg white bites that are 21g protein per serving. I usually eat that with half an apple and am usually full until lunch.

I ate a mid-morning snack when I first started MFP and slowly phased it out as my body got used to fewer calories.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Considering different people find different foods filling, and different people have different appetite levels in the morning, you are probably going to get contradicting advice.

I find fiber and protein filling, and I don't have much appetite in the morning, so I can eat a small serving of oats in yogurt with a banana and be fine until lunch. Sometimes I can get by with just my large coffee with milk. But for other people, that amount and type of food would just rev up their appetite and leave them hungry in an hour.

In general, something that has some combo of fiber, protein, and fat is a good place to start. If you let us know what you currently think of as "breakfast" we might be able to suggest something similar but more complete.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I have to come to accept that there really isn't any thing short of a high fat and super high calorie breakfast that will keep me full until lunch. I now just plan to eat a morning snack.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    People really vary -- why not experiment? Also, how many calories are you wanting?

I ate a 2 egg omelet with vegetables and a little feta cheese most of the time I was losing. For more cals I add either fruit, half an avocado, or cottage cheese or smoked salmon on the side.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    What works for me is two eggs over easy on avocado sprouted grains toast, with a side of berries.

Good luck!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Experiment. For me, at least 15 grams protein. I like my protein with fat and carb, so a breakfast burrito with egg, fatty meat.
    Try it for a few days or a week.
    Then try at least 15 grams carbs for a week, like cereal or oatmeal with fruit.
    Then try at least 15 grams fat for a week.
    Or just adjust for a snack mid-morning.
    Whatever works for you.

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Everyone is different in what keeps them feeling full. For me I delay breakfast as long as I can, drinking tea or coffee, and typically eat a protein bar around 10am then lunch at noon. Protein bar is either Built Bar or Pure Protein. If I eat breakfast earlier then I also have to have a morning snack.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited September 2019
    Suggestions

What do you like to eat?
    What time do you get up?
    What time is lunch?
    If you train, what time, how long and what do you do?
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    I wake up at 7:30am, eat breakfast at 8:15am, have a snack at 10:15am, then eat lunch at 12pm.

Breakfast:
    - 2 fried eggs w/ a piece of whole wheat toast & 1/8th tsp of butter, large coffee w/ 2 tsp coffee mate
    OR - 1 activia yogurt w/ a piece of whole wheat toast & 1/8 tsp of butter, large coffee w/ 2 tsp coffee mate

Snack:
    Some type of fruit & a "Made Good" granola bar

That usually does the trick until lunch! I also drink a lot of water throughout the day so that helps curve my hunger.

I don't really eat a lot in the evening (just a small dinner) so most of my calories are consumed earlier in the day.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    What works for me (or anyone else who responded above) may or may not work for you. I find fat satiating and can happily make a breakfast out of a slice of toast with peanut butter. Someone who needs a heavier helping of protein would be gnawing their arm off.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    Old fashioned oatmeal w/blueberries is my go to.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    I like protein pancakes and Walden syrup. It lasts me till 5 hrs. (Add protein powder to your pancake mix.)
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Homemade Egg McMuffin (or burrito on carb balanced wrap) and lots of coffee.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    You could try eating nothing. That is what I eat every morning and the majority of time I am full until lunch.

Or a breakfast burrito. Grab a wrap and fill it full of vegetables and eggs.

Just watch out for the calories in that wrap! :lol:
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Not advice. Though I am a big fat guy....kinda like a polar bear. I have tried many things and the things that fill me up the most are the worst for me. However I say all that to say I found some saving grace. I feel full and it taste great the Optimum Nutrition (ON) Protein with oats. https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/on-whey-oats-protein-blueberry-muffin-1-9-lb-powder/op-2225