How do you enter your salad that you put in sandwich or wrap?

Just wondering if there is an entry, even just a manual entry for basic salad in a wrap or sandwich.
Lettuce, tomato, onion, spinach leaves, carrot, cucumber etc
I find it hard of what to enter for these low calorie foods that probably isn’t a huge amount being used.
Any tips?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Your vegetables have very few calories, I would do a quick add and enter 100 calories.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    That depends a lot on how many veggies we're talking about, and what kind of veggies they are. One or two lettuce leaves and a slice of tomato? I'd call it maybe 10 calories. If you're eating more, or if you're adding higher calorie veggies, then of course the estimate would go up.

The most accurate option is always to weigh all your food, but when you're talking about very low calorie veggies, you may decide that you're okay with not weighing and just accepting that amount of error.
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    You could use the recipe builder to make your own salad entry. Weigh the amounts you use and enter them into the recipe, then you can just click that entry every time instead of weighing again.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    Just wondering if there is an entry, even just a manual entry for basic salad in a wrap or sandwich.
    Lettuce, tomato, onion, spinach leaves, carrot, cucumber etc
    I find it hard of what to enter for these low calorie foods that probably isn’t a huge amount being used.
    Any tips?

More important than how to accurately the lettuce, tomato, onions, etc., is not to settle for some generic entry for a wrap or sandwich -- the wrap or bread almost certainly has more calories than the veggies, and the difference between one random entry for wrap or bread could be farther away from the truth of your actual wrap or bread than all the calories in the veggies.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I just weigh them and log each individual item, just as I do any food.

Put the wrap on the scale, log that by weight. Add every item on to the wrap, still on the scale, zeroing the scale between items. Log each addition. 🤷‍♀️